• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Loxy's Type R #5 - Milano Red FK2 GT

I got 39.5 on way home from castle Combe the other day
Was awesome seeing 30 in one place

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's a point, do these flame? I know the Focus ST would flame after some abuse.

With a decat on the Focus.

**** knows on these, no-one has brought out any mods yet.

Well that's a lie, you can get cat-backs but none of them sound decent yet. You can get a sports cat and decat from Scorpion and a 4" decat from Germany, but there are no proven UK mappers yet and I'm not running a decat without a map.

Superchips have a map, but it's a generic map for a standard car which by their own dyno figures would overload the OEM clutch anyway.

No-one has released and/or tested an updated clutch yet and the OEM clutch has been seen to start slipping around 480Nm, stock CTRs are 400Nm.

Basically, without live maps and a better clutch, it's un-tunable.

giphy.gif

For a modder, it's been a bit of a letdown. I'm going to have to start booking track days and spending money in tyres and brakes instead at this rate.

It's torque that slips clutches, but then again he's not got 380 with the Mongoose system and no map.

Obviously but then a remap at 350bhp gets more torque ?

He's got more than mongoose system loxy..didn't you see it at castle Combe ?

Obviously but then a remap at 350bhp gets more torque ?

He's got more than mongoose system loxy..didn't you see it at castle Combe ?

I know he has more than a Mongoose system. My point was, that Mongoose is still in development, not yet released and no figures and they've not historically had the biggest gains. It still doesn't have a remap either. It's not slipping the clutch because it's not making that power.

TDi put an intercooler and hard pipes, intake and a Milltek "Race" cat-back on and got 347bhp which was a 42bhp gain. Still no map on that though.

The Germans are only hitting 390 mapped, but they've stopped developing because there isn't a replacement clutch.

Is it a completely bespoke clutch then or would an uprated clutch for the standard Civic fit?

It's a LUK clutch, but it's mated to a dual mass flywheel, completely different to the standard Civic, not that they have any uprated clutches available! :lol:

Loxy I spoke to Phil in person

I also commented on his post as he was mapping last Wednesday night

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Loxy I spoke to Phil in person

I also commented on his post as he was mapping last Wednesday night

You're still not showing me that he's got 380, you're not showing me what torque he's got and he's still not got an uprated clutch so it's all immaterial.

Back