• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Loxy's Type R #5 - Milano Red FK2 GT

Since the footwell kit plugs into the option connector on the internal fuse box on a spade connector, I've been thinking of getting a proper option connector plug and hard wiring the kit in a bit more OEM looking if you will.

Not at all necessary but it also gives me the option if a 12v feed which comes on with the ignition as well.

You see where I'm going here? Yes, dashcam inbound and will be hard wired along with the footwell kit. :D

More fodder for the dashcam thread. :)

HN20 and HN19 ordered from Hendy along with the cargo net and a set of Project Mu HC800s. :)

All the bits for the dash cam are here, so weather permitting, I'll be putting that in on Monday.

Im really not convinced by the sound of the Cobra.
Hope you've made the right decision mate

Im really not convinced by the sound of the Cobra.
Hope you've made the right decision mate

It's the least farty of all of the systems out there IMHO.

They all sound poor to a degree, especially on throttle and compared to an NA Honda lump, but we're 6-7 different manufacturers in now and none of them until this one had sounded any good to me.

JDM exhausts are going to be largely the same because they can't change physics and if anything they have had less time to bring them out.

This is the video that swung it for me.

[video=youtube;9z1v50YQlGk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9z1v50YQlGk[/video]

The chap is on the TRO FB group and he confirmed that is the finished resonated system with standard cat. I've gone sport cat too, so hopefully more howl al-a Megane RS265, rather than fart.

Plus Si from Hendy has been twisting my arm on messenger for a few days. :lol:

After hearing the milltek race system again and in conjunction with a good power gain I'm tempted by the milltek again ... I keep changing my mind ahhhhhhhh

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

After hearing the milltek race system again and in conjunction with a good power gain I'm tempted by the milltek again ... I keep changing my mind ahhhhhhhh

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

The Milltek race system would have been far too loud for me. I do 65-70 miles a day to and from work, so I need to keep it sort of respectable! That being said, apart from the YouTube vids, I am buying blind.

I'll get some vids when it's fitted.

No-one seemed to get the EC Milltek system, so I took the punt on this.

That sounds nice. I think the Remus sounds awful.

Hopefully it'll be fine in the metal!

Dash cam fitted today.

Well the front facing one anyway. I'll do the rear one tomorrow, but that shouldn't be too hard. Just need to feed the cable from the headlining through the boot lid rubber and find somewhere suitable to get it back out of the bootlid frame.

Front was a really easy job using the option connector on the interior fuse box and bullet connections I had crimped onto it with some 5A wire.

No pics, it just works.

Which camera have you got Loxy? Been considering getting one for the R and our birds audi, so many to choose from!

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

It's a Thinkware F750 with rear camera. It's got safety camera alerts if you update the locations, GPS obviously, Wi-Fi so you can connect your phone to it and view and download the vids direct rather than having to pull the memory card, 1080p, 7 glass lens etc.

It was a bit pricey including the rear camera, but if you get the front on its own it's not so bad.

Looks like a good kit. Have you got any pics installed? I'm looking for the most discreet fitting as possible really. Tucked up behind the mirror would be perfect. Any chance of a small video clip as well? (mainly to see the new R in action!)

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

I'll get a pic from the outside in the morning, the sun has just set.

I'm planning to do a test night recording later, so I'll post it up later.

A few pics. I'll upload a vid when I go out later.

IMAG4077.jpg

IMAG4078.jpg

IMAG4079.jpg

IMAG4080.jpg

IMAG4073.jpg

IMAG4075.jpg

I haven't done the rear camera yet, but will have done by tomorrow!

In other news, these arrived:

IMAG4068.jpg

Short video from when I was out earlier.

It includes a bit of throttle and recirc valve noise towards the end (windows shut :lol: )

[video=youtube;UHIOysk5V4M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHIOysk5V4M[/video]

Where the camera is positioned you can see my speedo very clearly, which is dead handy. However for the purposes of this and probably most videos that I will post from it, I have blurred the speedo out. :roll:

Short video from when I was out earlier.

It includes a bit of throttle and recirc valve noise towards the end (windows shut :lol: )

[video=youtube;UHIOysk5V4M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHIOysk5V4M[/video]

Where the camera is positioned you can see my speedo very clearly, which is dead handy. However for the purposes of this and probably most videos that I will post from it, I have blurred the speedo out. :roll:

At 18 seconds Loxy drives over a pot hole :p

Back