• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Loxy's Type R #5 - Milano Red FK2 GT

Park it next to my S2000. The colours and car size would contrast quite well.

It is pretty big Chris to be fair.

Just been out for a run to Preston to take the Mrs and lad out to Pizza Express.

What a car. :)

It just covers ground effortlessly when you're not in the mood and just flips character when you start giving it the beans. I'm sure it hunkers down on the road when you start throwing it about.

The lad loved it and Jayne wasn't complaining as much as usual...

Wow, what a beaut! Congrats :)

As everyone has said, good to see you went for one of these in the end instead of the beemer :smt023

Good work Lox.

Re: BMW's, they look boring but I've had a couple try and burn me up recently in the Megane. My Megane is ****ing fast but man whatever is under the bonnets in modern BMW's they don't half have some grunt in them. Take from that what you will!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Savage. The "it's just a turbo bolted to a K20" brigade need to get their head out of their arses and have a good look around one of these. Not before driving something with a K20 first, obviously.
Got to love it when people jump on those sorts of bandwagons eh?

I've sat in an FK2 but never driven one, I'm 50/50 on it if I were to buy one with my own money. Does look good though!

Wut?

What happened to the Estoril Blue BM?

This is really nice though - congrats on the acquisition man. I am still yet to see one of these on the road (seen a few at the dealers of course)

Wut?

What happened to the Estoril Blue BM?

This is really nice though - congrats on the acquisition man. I am still yet to see one of these on the road (seen a few at the dealers of course)

Cheers Sun.

Strong as the lure of 6 cylinders and an 8 speed semi auto was, I came to my senses. I can't stop looking out of the window at the Civic, and I don't think I would have been doing that with the beemer.

A couple of pics borrowed from Dave84 from this morning.

12269724_495903600579755_1912653272_n.jpg

12277618_1517899895174915_368285560_n.jpg

You've got more pictures up of the new motor than I have and I got mine before you lol!

I'll have to pull my finger out!

12277618_1517899895174915_368285560_n.jpg

Hated those front arches when they first showed the car, now they're easily my favourite feature. Strange how the mind changes itself! Both looking stunning.

You've got more pictures up of the new motor than I have and I got mine before you lol!

I'll have to pull my finger out!

To be fair, they are all on my drive. I'm hoping for dry weather this weekend then I can get some more!

Those evil twin photos are heavily Instagram filtered and taken in low light on a phone, but I think they've come out quite well considering, in a grainy grungy sort of way.

Purely functional in that I've never really liked the round ball type knob that they put on the FN2/FD2/FK2, so I've put a Skunk2 knob on it.

IMAG3650.jpg

IMAG3655.jpg

Bit of a faff as the Skunk2 lock nut was very tight on the thread, so I had wind it down with the spanner as I couldn't turn it by hand. Then when it was on, the gaitor being quite soft just hung there as the OEM nut has a clip to hold it up that was obviously now missing.

So off with the Skunk2 lock nut and back on with the OEM nut.

Feels better, not driven it yet.

Had a bit of a nosey round it in the daylight. Pulled the cover off to have a look at the adaptive dampers.

IMAG3656.jpg

Sill plates this afternoon if I get time.

That is cool that you can adjust those dampers electronically. I have ohlins on the Megane but gotta get under the thing to adjust them. Saying that it's set up for fast road and is just about hard enough yet remaining quite compliant. What's the ride like in yours lox? Are the raids decent or shat where you live? I use a lot s of back roads and as you can imagine most of them are terrible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is cool that you can adjust those dampers electronically. I have ohlins on the Megane but gotta get under the thing to adjust them. Saying that it's set up for fast road and is just about hard enough yet remaining quite compliant. What's the ride like in yours lox? Are the raids decent or shat where you live? I use a lot s of back roads and as you can imagine most of them are terrible.

Honda only put two modes on the car, normal and +R. I wouldn't really recommend +R for anywhere other than a race track, it's even too stiff when travelling on a motorway which is a bit of a shame as that mode ties into the the edgier throttle map and weightier steering.

Hey ho, I'm sure it's something that will be customisable when the ECU gets cracked.

The roads are a mix round here. Lots of new smooth tarmac and large sections where they have been neglected. The CTR is just extremely well damped and copes with varying surfaces very very well in normal mode. That ability is one of the Megane's strong points though, so I'd say they are comparable on that front.

^^ I didn't find the R+ too bad really. Maybe it's the difference from EP3 to FK2 and FN2 to FK2.

Skunk shifter looks a good addition Loxy

My Accord and CTR (EP3) both had the oem knob similar size to the skunk, and I changed it on the Accord to a Momo Race Air Leather/Aluminium which felt an altogether much nicer and smoother shift. Less notchy.

After though, when I had the EP3, the shift knob was spot on for me, and I never swapped it.

Looking forward to more pics :)

Back