• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Loxy's Type R #5 - Milano Red FK2 GT

I nearly did last week Ed. The thing is I can see the Jap tuners being quite close to it on price when they actually release them and to be honest a Spoon, Mugen or HKS exhaust for a couple of hundred more than what you would pay for the Milltek seems quite appealing.
Agreed. Although the Mugen stuff will be hugely expensive I'd guess.

Service pack something like £555 for 5 years, bargain if you're going to keep it that long.
I suppose you'd budget £150-200 a year, so you're still saving over a 3 year period too.

Plate looks good Loxy

Did you get the service pack with the motor Loxy?

Would mods invalidate it?

I couldn't get the offer one at £555 for 5 years because it was pre-registered to the dealership. So I got a 3 year pack for £500 odd, after the car is three years old you can choose "dealership" services which are all still Honda parts and techs, just a load cheaper, or I'll take it to Grinspeed or TDi-North.

Mods won't invalidate the service pack, just the warranty if the mod can be proven to have been a contributing factor in the failure.

Agreed. Although the Mugen stuff will be hugely expensive I'd guess.

From the pictures it looks to be single exit as well, which sort of means you need to get the rear bumper too, which I don't want.

That is unless they produce two variants.

It's gone strangely quiet from Mugen actually, the final product was supposed to be shown about a week ago. :confused:

From the pictures it looks to be single exit as well, which sort of means you need to get the rear bumper too, which I don't want.

That is unless they produce two variants.

It's gone strangely quiet from Mugen actually, the final product was supposed to be shown about a week ago. :confused:

Yeah not seen much more from them on the FK2 CTR parts. I suspect a Quad twinloop for the FK2. :lol: Can but hope. Would be a shame for them to make you get the Mugen rear bumper so you can fit their new exhaust as you have said.

I am guessing Mugen will concentrate on the FK2, CRZ and NSX now?

Ps. I saw an M135i outside work the other day, and while it looks better in the flesh, it still looks a bit tacky I can't put a finger on what it is. The R carries it outrageous style a lot more effectively I think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I keep seeing LCI 1 series in Estoril Blue around work and none of them are an M135i. The only difference from the outside is the wheels, two exhaust trims and the silver mirror caps. It's bad that you can get a 116d to look the same as the flapship, but it's also a sleeper in that they all look the same! :lol:

I think I'll miss the Beemer when I start my new motorway commute, but I had to go with one or the other.

Ps. I saw an M135i outside work the other day, and while it looks better in the flesh, it still looks a bit tacky I can't put a finger on what it is. The R carries it outrageous style a lot more effectively I think.

BMW_M135i_14.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not tacky in the slightest IMO

I keep seeing LCI 1 series in Estoril Blue around work and none of them are an M135i. The only difference from the outside is the wheels, two exhaust trims and the silver mirror caps. It's bad that you can get a 116d to look the same as the flapship, but it's also a sleeper in that they all look the same! :lol:

I think I'll miss the Beemer when I start my new motorway commute, but I had to go with one or the other.

I said this in one of the other threads, and I do agree. I keep trying to bait them into a little tussle and it's always a bird in a 116d or something similar :lol: but that's the same for the S3 looking like an A3 and the Golf GTi looking similar to a GTD.

Wheels have arrived.

They came in two batches yesterday, so two wheels got received and then when the wife was out with the second pair got delivered and a neighbour took them in. Managed to get to them today.

Opened the boxes, wheels nuts and lockers all present and correct. Ah, no spigots. Bugger.

I've left a voicemail on the company website. I'm not fitting them without, just not worth it.

I'll test fit two tomorrow to check they clear the front brakes and the arches, so I guess I'll get a pic then. Pfft.

Been in touch with them and to their credit, they thought the wheels had been specifically centre bored to 64.1mm and that's why the rings had been omitted. They haven't and they are on the normal Team Dynamics 73.1 centre bore.

The spigot rings are coming out to me on Monday on a 24 hour delivery.

Test fitting will be Christmas Eve probably. There is a chap in Germany with them on with winters, so they do fit.

Wind Defectors are on. Seemed a tidy place for the forum urls too.

IMAG3692.jpg

IMAG3691.jpg

IMAG3690.jpg

Wheels sat in the man cave. Would look much better on the car...

IMAG3693_1.jpg

IMAG3694_1.jpg

IMAG3695_1.jpg

What wax/sealant do you use on you bodywork paint beads great?

Polish Angel Master Sealant :cool:
If you look in the thread I posted and you quoted, there is some info there.

If you want some other great beading and fast easy to use sealants; (which I also use)
Gtechniq C2v3 Liquid Crystal (about £18 for 500ml)
Sonax Brilliant Shine Detailer (£7 from Eurocarparts) Mental beading on bodywork

What colour is your car - I can highly recommend the Polish Angel Carnauba Arts colour enriched spray wax/sealants.
I use Black Wulfenite on the wife's MINI - again, mental beading and dead easy to use.
They do special mixes for reds,blacks,blues, yellows,whites, silvers etc

Back