• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

DC2 DB8 DC5 DC5 - boosting options!?

Hi all,

I'm planning on boosting the teg in the not too distant future (spring/summer next year)... It's currently running 230bhp and setup for fast road/track.

The plan was to go the whole hog and get it forged and turbo'd - I've been quoted just over 10k and have been told that should see 450-500bhp, I know that's a lot, but will it completely ruin the characteristics and handling? Not sure if I want it to be a straight line monster!

Having spoken with TGM, a chap from buddyclub and reading different posts online, the general gist is anything over 350bhp is pointless...

So do I go down the supercharged route instead? This looks to be a cheaper option and better drivability, but you don't get the monster torque/power/efficiency (off boost) as a turbo!

Then there's the engine health/reliability to consider, it seems that 350bhp is the limit on stock internals on the k20a, due to running higher compression than the k20a2... is it worth forging it just to be safe or not bother with the supercharger?

Comments/advice welcome :)

Thanks,
Ash

it depends what you want in terms on driveability my Ep3 is at the 300bhp mark its a bit of a handful on damp and wet roads (so 364 days of the year)

So do I go down the supercharged route instead? This looks to be a cheaper option and better drivability, but you don't get the efficiency (off boost) as a turbo!

Not sure if its the same on both the JRSC and Rotrex but one can be set up with a bypass so the supercharger is only giving boost on WOT
Therefore giving you much more efficiency when on partial throttle

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure if its the same on both the JRSC and Rotrex but one they can be set up with a bypass so the supercharger is only giving boost on WOT
Therefore giving you much more efficiency when on partial throttle

That's the JRSC set-up. Rotrex doesn't allow for that.

Back