• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

M2 Intake manifold new *2015*

Hi,

So i'm looking at buying an upgraded inlet manifold next year and I know I've mentioned this particular inlet manifold before in previous posts and I know a few other members from here are interested to see what results people have had with it.
So any input from anyone that's had one fitted and tuned with dyno graphs and list of mods would be much appreciated!
I'm curious mostly how it compares to the RBC and Skunk 2 if its like 1-2 hp less difference id go for it as you'd be saving like double the money which can be spent elsewhere!

Thanks

From what I've read the M2 is only 1 or 2 bhp different from the RBC but I'd like to see one that's been done myself as well.

one guy recently on ctro got 244bhp at tdi with japspeed 4-2-1 , tegiwa induction, m2 intake , standard throttle body, i'm going for m2 intake when i upgrade as its cheaper and you gain next to nothing with the skunk2 / 70mm throttle body

one guy recently on ctro got 244bhp at tdi with japspeed 4-2-1 , tegiwa induction, m2 intake , standard throttle body, i'm going for m2 intake when i upgrade as its cheaper and you gain next to nothing with the skunk2 / 70mm throttle body
Awesome! that's similar setup to what I'll have and those figures are roundabout what I expected!

Excellent! I'll amend my list then! :D

I cant wait to buy the stuff i can afford the manifold and intake manifold next month but then its saving for the k100 and map thats the big payout! then ill probably need a BBK hehe :rolleyes:

I cant wait to buy the stuff i can afford the manifold and intake manifold next month but then its saving for the k100 and map thats the big payout! then ill probably need a BBK hehe :rolleyes:
Only if you're going on track regularly! Braided hoses with RBF600 fluid and decent pads will do otherwise, much cheaper too :)

Only if you're going on track regularly! Braided hoses with RBF600 fluid and decent pads will do otherwise, much cheaper too :)

Thats my plan to get that done same time anyway hopefully it will be enough stopping power! I have EBC discs and brembo pads atm but I was thinking of going for some EBC pads next time these arent that great especially when cold bu brakes are awful untill theyve warmed up

I have the DS2500 pads and OE Brembo discs in the road car, they did well on the track but only for about 20 minutes or so! The Stoptech BBK I have on the track EP3 handled it much better I must say!

I have the DS2500 pads and OE Brembo discs in the road car, they did well on the track but only for about 20 minutes or so! The Stoptech BBK I have on the track EP3 handled it much better I must say!

Yeh I've heard good reviews on the DS2500 pads, I'm interested in doing a few track days at some point hence why I want my brakes up to scratch, im trying to save for a house and mod my car at the same time not a good combo haha

If you want good brakes, and save money. Get yourself some Carbone Lorraine, Carbotech or Performance Friction pads.

Also remember, the car will only stop as good as the grip of the tyres.

Anyone got any more info on the M2 intake manifold? Does it come with everything ready to bolt on?

Can it be run without a map for a while?

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Anyone got any more info on the M2 intake manifold? Does it come with everything ready to bolt on?

Can it be run without a map for a while?

http://tdi-north.myshopify.com/coll...ne/products/m2-motorsport-k20a-inlet-manifold

Here is your best bet read this ^^^

Ive heard people seeing results as good as RBC/Skunk inlet manifolds not seen any dyno results yet though! it comes with heatshied gasket and will fit the stock throttle body without the need of an adapter like the RBC ones, you may however need to buy a RBC gasket and pipe fitting kit also. (link underneath)

http://tdi-north.myshopify.com/coll...genuine-honda-rbc-gasket-and-pipe-fitting-kit

I wouldn't fit it until you are ready to map it! It wont do your car any good with it on not tuned correctly.

Fitted this today... only thing I'm not sure on is the hose near the alternator has no where go on the manifold? What the hell am I meant to do with it haha!

bf02fd1da43bfa3492ad13e11bc54af6.jpg

It's that vac pipe there... if anyone has any Ideas that would be great.

Is that a pic from your actual car, because you can see the pipe it needs to go on behind the hose.

Is that a pic from your actual car, because you can see the pipe it needs to go on behind the hose.
No that's another picture I've found online. The M2 intake manifold doesn't have a take of there for that pipe. I was wondering if anyone knows what it's for?

Think I'll t piece into a mother vacuum hose and hope for the best!

That's the PCV valve, you could vent it into a catch can.
Thanks for that. I see catch cans usually have an and then outlet which you would usually plumb back into the intake manifold. What's the best method for me? Block the outlet on the can?

Sorry for the stupid questions.

Back