• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Help! cant get insurance for my type-r

Hi, im 19 and hopefully buying a EP3 Type R tommorow, but i am struggling to find insurance at a reasonable price, i am either after insurance now with 1 years no claims,but i am also quite happy to wait until april when my renewal comes up to have 2 years NCB on the policy.

due to my postcode (RM3) i am getting ridiculous quotes!

any ideas guys?

Hi, im 19 and hopefully buying a EP3 Type R tommorow, but i am struggling to find insurance at a reasonable price, i am either after insurance now with 1 years no claims,but i am also quite happy to wait until april when my renewal comes up to have 2 years NCB on the policy.

any ideas guys?

Other than moving, not much but waiting until you have more NCD and held licence for longer.

Few tips, car insurance often cheaper insured on the road, than garaged or on drive.

Also job title makes a difference, I saved about £30 on a £400 policy by re-wording job title:
http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/insurance/car-insurance-job-picker/

any ideas guys?
Very difficult car to be insured on under 21 even in a low crime rate area my insurance at 20 with 3 years NCB was £3500 then a day after my 21st with 3 yrs NCB it was £800 so its one of them things you either build NCB or grow old!

Very difficult car to be insured on under 21 even in a low crime rate area my insurance at 20 with 3 years NCB was £3500 then a day after my 21st with 3 yrs NCB it was £800 so its one of them things you either build NCB or grow old!
Getting old helped me a lot! £400 a year on mine these days!

Getting old helped me a lot! £400 a year on mine these days!

I know the getting old helps haha! i know its gonna be alot,but at the moment its like £2500,which is more than i paid nearly 2 years ago on my first car (1.2!) i want a quote of around £1500 but im really struggling.

I know the getting old helps haha! i know its gonna be alot,but at the moment its like £2500,which is more than i paid nearly 2 years ago on my first car (1.2!) i want a quote of around £1500 but im really struggling.

As said above, it will be really hard to insure the ep3 at 19. I am 21 and I am paying around 2k, but that was due to the fact i was always named driver on other cars so this is my first main driver policy. I wanted one at 20 but no one would touch me as 21 was the requirement for the higher performance cars.

2500 is quite good considering the age mate, good luck though!

You might have to take the hit if you really want the car or face the possibility of not buying it! At least you've not already bought the car, I've seen that a lot which is daft!

I always wanted one from 19 when my mate got one same age and his dad had business insurance so he didn't have to pay anything!

Yeah I used to know someone that had a brand new ep3 at 17 and didn't have to worry about insurance due to his father owning a haulage company, racing in Porsche Carrera cup, dominating the Pro-am and probably being loaded.
I was jealous to say the least in my x reg 1.2 clio.

Yeah I used to know someone that had a brand new ep3 at 17 and didn't have to worry about insurance due to his father owning a haulage company, racing in Porsche Carrera cup, dominating the Pro-am and probably being loaded.
I was jealous to say the least in my x reg 1.2 clio.
Haha i can imagine the jealousy! Now the struggles are getting all the mods you want as fast as possible lol

Hi,
If you haven't arranged insurance as yet then please feel free to give us a try. If you wanted to PM me some contact details I'd be happy to arrange for one of my quotes team to give you a call back.
Regards,
Dan.

Back