• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

JRSC EP3 Race car build video pg9

Taken the oil cooler baffled sump and manifold off now just need to put them on the race car.

Pics of the red car all built up not looking quite as good under the engine bay

Cheers bud still a fair way to go

Few old pics of the silver car

This weekends work. Gearbox with quaife atb LSD, fitted. New competition clutch stage 3

Finding a route for the oil cooler pipes

starting to come back together

pic from a couple of weeks ago, project is still moving on few jobs ticked off will post some pics up soon

Recent jobs done;
lightweight heat fitted plumbed and wired up.
dash refitted
new sparco wheel and nug boss fitted
ishift shift lights fitted
drivers seat mounted up
all holes in the bulkhead sealed

awaiting delvery of my brake kit and ecu coding should be on the road again soon :)

Progress has slowed of late as I have been waiting on parts and people to get a few jobs done.
Finally making a bit of head way now engine bay and front is sorted just needs the bumper fitting and some gearbox oil, final suspension jobs

Bottom arms out and hubs off

Ball joint removed

Ball joint comparison

Test fitted brakes this weekend as I was waiting on the bottom arms

Bottom arms sorted

Back on

Just need to fit the brakes properly then she can be put back on its wheels

Looking good mate. How hard was it to get the driveshaft castle nut off? And also the balljoints out?

Looking good mate. How hard was it to get the driveshaft castle nut off? And also the balljoints out?

Cheers bud
Ball joints out was easy just a ball joint splitter to get them out the bottom arm then an hammer to get them out the hub. The drive shaft nut wasn't easy I bent a breaker Bar trying. I ended up getting a full inch breaker bar,heating it but with a blow lamp and putting 5 ft of scaffold pole on the end of the breaker bar then they went haha

Made good progress this weekend can see the light at the end of the tunnel, just needs the keys coding and the brakes bleeding ant she's usable now.
It's got a nice Stance I think

Another few jobs knocked off the list today. One minor set back being the aerocatches came with no bolts :-/

I didn't get any pics of them being cut as I got a friend who works as a panel beater to do them

My rivnut gun turned up this week put the ally foot rests in

Ready for the ecu coding on Tuesday can't wait to take it out

Well it's back on the road now got the keys coded by the dealer, just needs a four wheel alignment now.
Now I can work on the making it look good jobs

Took it for its first run out todayNext jobs are to start making it look a bit less subtle and more purposeful

I like this! ...All except for the backbox :p

Much louder in the cabin stripped out like that?

Awesome work mate! Really impressed! Hope the car is behaving so far?

Cheers buddy I've learnt a lot really enjoyed it. Yeah it's ace still getting used to it.

I like this! ...All except for the backbox :p

Much louder in the cabin stripped out like that?

Cheers :) Haha yeah I'm not sure on it but it was a good price thought.

yeah it's quite loud but it's not horrendous though.

Last edited by a moderator:
What a weapon ..... :)

Any idea on the bhp output? I'm guessing over 300bhp?

Me or the car haha

All the same bits in the red car it was 300bhp, it's a good bit lighter than stock I've removed 160kg not sure what I've put back in thought.

Me or the car haha

All the same bits in the red car it was 300bhp, it's a good bit lighter than stock I've removed 160kg not sure what I've put back in thought.

:) As lethal as you might be - the car is the evidence in front of me ...

Hmm - so potentially 300bhp per ton which puts you on a rough par with a 997 GT3? :D

Back