• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

N77's gone Supercharged........

N77

But not in the way you would think ;)

IMAG1670_zps7erf9pjh.jpg

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Hell of a lot of fun

Mrs bought a MINI back in May, I had never really seen the attraction til I test drove one.
That was it, I was like, yes you can have one of them...:lol:

Ours has just had a genuine new screen in after a stone chip split it down its centreline
Just what I wanted before Christmas :mad:

Pics Carl!

Friend of mine bought one of these maybe a year back! He's moved it on now but it was a great whip. Watch those brakes though :| he absolutely blitzed his on a spirited drive. Not sure if it had poor pads or fluid or something but they certainly weren't up to the asking.

Carl I'm presuming you've got the R53 supercharged beastie?
My old next door neighbours had two! A his and hers affair :lol:

The >2006 Cooper S are turbo'd 1.6's and the newer ones have gone up to 2.0 litre
Bizarrely enough the standard new cooper (non-S) has gone down from 1.6 to 1.5, but also has a turbo on it.
Its actually almost identical to the combustion engine in the BMW i8.

Dat whine on the supercharged though :cool:
Looking forward to seeing less snow foam and more car :D

Friend of mine bought one of these maybe a year back! He's moved it on now but it was a great whip. Watch those brakes though :| he absolutely blitzed his on a spirited drive. Not sure if it had poor pads or fluid or something but they certainly weren't up to the asking.

Pretty standard for BMW brakes. It's only recently that they've been up to scratch, when running the blue M-Sport calipers.

I wish I'd have gone for the R53 over the Turbo'd R56. The R56 looked great because it was an ex demonstrator so it had all the bells and whistles including the Aero Kit, JCW seats, full in built sat nav etc etc etc. But it wasn't as fun as I wanted it to be.
Since then I've driven an R53 once or twice and it is a far more fun car.
A friend has the older 53 GT version with the stripped out rear etc. It's a proper little rocket. He's had a few bits done to the charger and the suspension etc. It really does fly when he let's loose.

Here is a full pic of it, guess the colour haha

IMAG1668_zpsmnj0athu.jpg

I decided the Seat was a little too boring, I want something I can have a play with so have got rid of the Leon and picked up this for £3750 which I think is a cracking car for the money.

It's been very well looked after, full service history and the last owner kept it very clean and in excellent condition. It was hard to get anymore off it when I was haggling haha.

When he mentioned the words LSD I shook his hand and the deal was done.

The car handles so well and the steering is really sharp and agile. I am hoping to do a stint at Curthborough sprint circuit early next year so I think it would be perfectly suited to the tight track.

Some spare wheels have already been purchased too haha

Will get some better pics up later :)

Ooh you little tease :lol:

I've got the 17" black option crown spoke alloys and extra pair of front spotlights :cool:
Piano black interior with chrome trim rings and anthracite headlining.
I'll get a thread of my own started when I've got some pics uploaded

Still looking forward to more pics with a bit of colour matey :p

My mate hasn't long paid AMD Essex a visit with his Mini, smaller pulley, intake and Milltek 'zorst.....whines like a goodun.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I recently purchased (2 weeks now) this 2005 R53 Mini Cooper S.

I get bored with cars very easily and I found my Seat Leon SC FR a little boring, great little engine for the power (150 bhp from a 1.4) but just boring to drive, I feel these new cars don't excite unless your getting something with 300+ bhp, so looked into an older cheap car that I can mess with and put my stamp on.

The work used to have a Mini One that was pretty good fun and when driving felt bigger than it was. While this was in for a service we were lent a Mini Cooper S convertible and it was such a hoot to drive, the supercharger whine was very addictive and it was excellent fun to drive.

So I started looking at them, I don't need a big car but I am not small either, but the Mini width wise is not much different to larger cars so your not sitting on top of the passenger. I knew I wanted the earlier S as apposed to the newer Turbo'd Mini as that's what interested me to them in the first place.

I love my Type R's and the addictive ness of Vtec is the same feeling I got with the Supercharger whine on that Mini Cooper S.

I would of got another but having 2 Type R's of the same model might be going bit too far haha.

My intention when I got the Civic was to mess with that but it's such low mileage and good condition I don't want to mess with it, and keep it oem for the future, you never know, especially being a 30th Anniversary.

I needed something else to mess with in my life. Also the payments on the Leon were high so this way I am saving money, well that's the plan.

So here are some pics of the Mini Cooper S I purchased, it also has the LSD fitted, which sold it to me when I was haggling with the guy. The car is in fantastic condition though for 10 years old and a lot of people have said they thought it was newer (I have a private plate on now) than it was.

The thing is such a hoot to drive and so much fun, steering is responsive and handles so well, I am loving it at the moment...

The car was clean when I picked it up from Leicestershire, but driving it back in the pouring rain put a stop to that. I always feel that cleaning the car, you get to know more about it so the first job was a bath :)

First off was some Citrus Prewash

IMAG1665_zps2rbqafop.jpg

IMAG1666_zpsmhcgm88k.jpg

Next job was the Magifoam snow foam treatment :)

IMAG1668_zpsmnj0athu.jpg

IMAG1671_zpshy4deloo.jpg

After a soak it was time to jet wash the rest off...

IMAG1674_zpsrow1wfeo.jpg

IMAG1675_zps493z6abv.jpg

IMAG1676_zpsd5qkkyzb.jpg

Then the 2 bucket wash method with Megs NXT wash shampoo, still can't beat this stuff imo.

IMAG1679_zpsbxkn2rzb.jpg

Wheels were soaked with Apocalypse and then auto perfections endurance agitated with a brush, came out okay.

IMAG1677_zpsoz6tiluq.jpg

IMAG1683_zpsgo6rdevm.jpg

IMAG1682_zpsne4kdfky.jpg

Then all dried with my woolly mammoth and a spray of auto finesse's quick detailer and done.

Few tar spots on the rear were removed but the car was really clean to start, will have to do a light swirl removal but really pleased with the condition and the inside didn't need much cleaning either. Just went over the plastic with autobrite directs pink sheen and jobs a good un :)

IMAG1667_zpszdaeundt.jpg

IMAG1687_zps65pnkimb.jpg

IMAG1689_zpsnrpkbtvm.jpg

_579_zpsazwbkkgq.jpeg

Plans

Well I am happy with power at the moment, but I know me so once I start wanting more then I am looking at a smaller pulley, Airtec inter cooler, Milltek exhaust and remap.

I want to put my stamp on things from the off so I am doing a bit of de-chroming and will be blacking out around the windows shortly, then the door handles and petrol cap to start.

I have already purchased a second set of wheels, which need refurbing, so these will be done matt black or gloss black, not sure yet, pics of them in the back of the Mini, who said they are too small

IMAG1708_zps1zhvihax.jpg

I have also changed the puddle lights too

IMAG1711_zpsvpygl8vo.jpg

And just to update the car a bit, I am getting some LED bulbs for interior and exterior, and also the LED smoked rear lights I have seen on eBay that seem to give it a more modern look.

IMAG1703_zpssqjnwech.jpg

Overall I am pleased with my decision and don't regret getting rid of the Leon.

I now own 2 excellent fun cars :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Well not really drove much over the holidays, went to work for 2 days in between and thats been it :D

Mrs drove to Wales and Hereford for New Year so not been able to mess with the Mini too much, plus the damn weather...

Today I had to refit my number plate on, as the sticky pads just weren't holding it, water was getting down the back and causing it to come away :( so I have had to use a couple of screws to fit it on properly.

While I was there I decided to remove the spot lights off the grill, not really keen on the look of them and found out they are not even connected, so time to remove.

I thought a quick 20 mins and they would be off, how wrong was I :lol:

The bolts and nuts were just moving around and around without anything coming loose, so decided to remove the grill to get better access, cut part of the bracket off, and then pull through the grill. So a quick 20 mins turned into 2/3 hours with the rain stopping play too.

So before...

IMAG1685_zpslfodpyxl.jpg

After

IMAG1747_zpsbd4afz8m.jpg

The next jobs on the list are to de-chrome a bit and update the bulbs once they have arrived...

I think de-chroming a bit will do the looks a favour if you're aiming for a more 'serious looking' car. The chrome only adds to the minis charming but kind of childish look out the factory. When you see some subtly modified ones they can look a fair bit more grown up.

I'm with Shifty. I'm totally against the whole chromed is cool thing that exists in Mini circles. All Black Everything looks so much tougher.

Nice I used to have a slightly modified cooper about 5 years ago.

I started de-chroming mine and was happier, the headlight rings make the biggest difference.
I went with almost same wheels as you but with the split rims.

mini3.jpg

Just didn't have the power of the S, but more power than the gearbox liked.

Lovely car! I've had my fair share of minis. Had 2 hyper blue S's. If you need any help or advice give me a shout...

uploadfromtaptalk1452027501765.jpg

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Lovely car! I've had my fair share of minis. Had 2 hyper blue S's. If you need any help or advice give me a shout...

View attachment 16899

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk
That's spooky, that's how I want mine to look with the black grill and wheels.

You have any more pics of it?

Also what did you have it running on suspension wise?
I like the headlight surrounds in the body colour, was looking to get some black ones.

Back