• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Track car door cards what have you used

interesting topic - is there much weight in the doors if you replace the windows and remove the door cards?

I'm not sure I'd imagine so as you you have the glass the motors and the door cars. I will be weighing everything that comes out when I start. I'm keen to get it one one of our weigh bridges at work and see what i can't get it down to once caged

The weight is more in the side impact bars, glass and motors. Less so in the door card.

I love weight saving but just prefer to keep the cards in for looks and a bit of comfort. The EP3 also has a sharp-ish edge along the door if the card isn't present.

I'm leaving the doorcards in my track EP3 too! Just easier and the grams you'd save aren't worth the effort I don't think. More weight to be saved in swapping the glass windows for plastic.

I will see what happens Im not sure if they will foul my roll cage door bars etc. Eventually I will be putting lexan windows as well.

I've seen a few cars using carbon fibre sheets or aluminum sheet for doorcards think they are just riveted on.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

I'm using the Sheet Alloy with the crinkle wrinkle finish and they are held in place with those self drilling screws. Also everything has been gutted out of the door(s). The windows are Lexan. I don't often have the drivers side window in as I use a Window Net. The door frames has been drilled with a 30mm Hole Saw. All in all the doors are pretty light. Everyone that looks in the car look at the Sheet and say 'that's a good idea I was wondering what to do with my (theirs) door coverings.

Back