• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Prang

Can anyone help please? My nephew owns a 53 plate civic sport, just had a bit of a side prang? Does anyone know of this is a write off or if it can be repaired? Being only 20 and excess being £700 he's hoping that an insurance case could be avoided. Any help is Muchly appreciated. Cheers Ry

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    274.2 KB · Views: 68
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    230.1 KB · Views: 61
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    439.4 KB · Views: 55
I'm thinking that could be a write off due to the damage on the rear quarter. As its part of the main shell, it will need a lot of work to sort out.

Looks to be a write off as said above. The damage to the rear quarter will be costly to repair to get it back out and straightened out. A door and sideskirt shouldn't be too costly to buy second hand but the rear quarter looks too far gone tbh.

I agree with the lads above, thats pretty severe.
I had similar damage on a car a few years back and Honda quoted over £1500 just to repair the 3/4 panel.

yep that a right off it would cost more to repair than the car is worth a body shop would charge full price for parts labour and the dreaded V.A.T.

Back