• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FD2 Which decat ?

Which decat pipe for the FD2? J's or the Toda ?

They both look the same but the Toda is dearer, would it be worth it ?

T.G.

It's just a foot long length of pipe, shouldn't make any difference who makes it. The important thing is mapping it. If you decat YOU MUST MAP.

I have a Toda de-cat which is mated to a Toda catback and it released some good power once fitted and mapped.

After extensive research I didn't go for a header as I concluded (as did Tgm) that the FD2 header is good design for airflow and minimal gains will be had from swapping the manifold.

381639daf652fe2938384e52facde6e5.jpg

It's becomes "restrictive" where it meets the cat.

71569f5132d49287d854c846c37d5ab4.jpg

Decat will release some ponies for sure. Are you planning on keeping the standard cat back ? As I believe some power can be released from that along with the decat

If you want to keep the noise down I think the one to go for would be the Mugen.

Also worth noting that a good modification for breathing is the air intake system such as seeker, Mugen , M&M honda which I have, they use the same oem fitment but you get a scoop which sits in place of the near side brake duct. (Pics on my fd2 thread)

Flashpro makes a world of difference. I recently let a friend who has a Teg (stock) drive the FD2 for a comparison and they were pleasantly surprised.

My Toda decat.

1cdcd900633f45a471bc16c1f8446bea.jpg

M&M scoop.

e88fd5c8d0452787a3791ac31b6c7f86.jpg

Nice write up there Stu ^ your car is coming along very nice. Iv'e started the ball going gone for a Toda decat pipe from Injection Imports (great price)

Already got a Spoon street back box on but not sure what the next pipe and box are maybe standard, i'll have to ask Tom next time i'm there, also has a non OEM induction kit as well, next on the list will be a visit to Eurospec for flashpro and map ;)

T.G.

Back