• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

A how to on the Re-Do of Red Steering Wheel Stitching

Just re done the red stitching on my steering wheel, as mine was very faded and almost grey/black in colour, it really got on my nerves for a while, so today after cleaning interior i got round to bringing it back to life, i reckon it makes a massive difference.

I used this: ImageUploadedByTapatalk1454000283.467784.jpg a Red Posca PC-1M Paint Pen, of course you could use any red pen but i chose this as its matches well, its a nice strong red. Its also a water based paint pen, so its permanent on porous stuff i.e the stitching. but wipes off when dry on the leather. I just went real careful and took my time with it anyway so only 1 bit went on the leather and it wiped off once dry. These pens are about £2 on eBay or art shops sell them.

Took about 20mins to do.

Here's before:ImageUploadedByTapatalk1453999971.109394.jpg

After:ImageUploadedByTapatalk1453999991.736630.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1454000001.291428.jpg

Obviously I don't know how long it will last or that as I've only done it today, pretty sure it will hold up well though.

Hope this helps people!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for this post! I keep looking at my stitching thinking how the fluff do I get that back to red without getting it re-stitched... :smt023

Looks bloody good actually, although I can't help thinking
red%20hands.jpg

Hahaa yeh that will happen if you put it on and instantly drive. Should be dry and sound to go though after like 10/15mins.

I wont be out in the car till tomorrow afternoon so ill report back then with results and hopefully clean hands lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
Result: clean hands, its all perfectly dry and that, i even rubbed my hand on it pretty hard and it didnt come off or mark my hand.

Back