• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Fit eibach rear spacers

Ive bought some eibach pro spacers for my rear wheels, I've looked at them to find there different to my fronts ...(fronts were bolt on).
These have come with longer stud bolts so I'm gathering I need to remove my original hub bolts and fit the longer eibach so I can fit the spacers.

I was hoping someone can point me in the right direction on how to change the bolts ..... any info would be appreciated

I assume you're asking how to replace the hub studs? If so... you can either buy a stud extractor, or use the 2 nut method.

You'll need some open ended nuts for the 2 nut method. Simply screw them both on, then tighten them against eachother. Then use only the 'inside' nut, that is the one closest to the hub, to undo the stud.

I assume you're asking how to replace the hub studs? If so... you can either buy a stud extractor, or use the 2 nut method.

You'll need some open ended nuts for the 2 nut method. Simply screw them both on, then tighten them against eachother. Then use only the 'inside' nut, that is the one closest to the hub, to undo the stud.

Thanks for the info :)

Do the studs come out of the back of the hub..(without taking the hub completely off).... seen some vids saying I need to take the hub off ??

Sorry for all the questions

Not 100% sure on this car, never done it myself. I've only done it on beemers and they've always come out the front.

Thinking about it, I'm not sure how they could be put in from the back unless they were 'allthread' studs, which they aren't.

Not 100% sure on this car, never done it myself. I've only done it on beemers and they've always come out the front.

Thinking about it, I'm not sure how they could be put in from the back unless they were 'allthread' studs, which they aren't.

OK ........ Again thanks for your input............Done the easy route sending them back and getting the bolt-on versions :)

Stud come out of the back on these. Hub off and stud pressed out.

Stud come out of the back on these. Hub off and stud pressed out.

That's what I thought :( To much hassle form me.... I've reordered the bolt on versions. I think eibach call them system 4 versions ....... thanks for the replies guys

What size spacer did you go for. You can fit the studs for the 10mm spacers through the back of the hub once the old studs are knocked out which is easy. Take the caliper and disk off and it's easy. Did mine today took about 20 mins a side the old studs knock out easily.
Longer studs for thicker spacers won't fit unless you take the front off.

What size spacer did you go for. You can fit the studs for the 10mm spacers through the back of the hub once the old studs are knocked out which is easy. Take the caliper and disk off and it's easy. Did mine today took about 20 mins a side the old studs knock out easily.
Longer studs for thicker spacers won't fit unless you take the front off.

Well all sorted I had the 15mm spacers, changed the stud version to the bolts on version.... wheels off bolt spacers on, put wheel back on ...(happy days)

Back