• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Fuel & K100

Quick question.

I generally run my road EP3 on 95 rubbish as its convenient.

I know that running it on 99 is better, no arguments there.

Hopefully I will get it mapped on a K100 at some point but I don't want to map it on 99 in case I end up not being able to get hold of it for some reason. I do a lot of long runs so I could be anywhere when I need fuel.

So if I have it mapped on 95, then put 99 in, can I assume that'll act the same was as it would on a standard ECU? Therefore if I am in the sticks I wouldn't need to worry about putting 95 in.

I would think mapping it on 99 and then doing a 95 'splash and dash' would cause it to knock.

I'm pretty sure it'll make a bit less power on 95 fuel as opposed to 99, but I'm not chasing figures, just the feel.

Ideas and suggestions welcome.

Thanks

Krzys

EP3 has knock detection. If you was mapped on 99 and stuck in 95, you'll be safe just cruising around as if any knock is detected, it'll wind back the timing slightly. Wide open throttle I'd avoid.

Thanks, just the info I was after, I wasn't sure if the map would change anything with the knock sensor but good to know it would be okay if needed.

Yes as the standard ECU is setup for 95. But I read somewhere than when you get it mapped for VPower or 99 RON fuel thats what you have to use.

You could go KPro more expensive I know but have two maps. One set for 99 and then another map you can set that uses 95. Not sure if this can be done.

Loxy I am sure or some of the other members will have more experience of this than me. Like Lewis said it does have the knock detector.

I mapped mine to BP 97 RON, then used 99/97 but didn't fret about using 95.

It depends on the mapper, some though not all, disable knock detection so worth checking before sticking any old fuel in a remapped car.

TDi-North don't I know that.

Back