• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 Dashboard back light questions

This is a two fold question reallt.
Question 1: When driving around with my main lights on i cant help but notice the dash lights are a bit dim, I can't be sure as this is the first time i've owned an ep3. Does anyone have a photo they can post of a standard dash when main lights are on.

Quesiton 2: When the main lights are on and the dash is illuminated there is no illumination on the odometer reading. Is this normal or has a bulb blown?

Thanks

1: this will be hard to judge even with a night time photo as the camera lense shows things different, i would say these dash bulbs either work or they dont - unless your battery is about to die thats the only reason i can think they would be dim.

2: The oddometer display is lit all the time with the ignition on even with the lights off. I had this problem on my car. when i took the cluster out to investigate its in 2 halfs and the halfs had come apart slightly. Clicking them back together sorted it, I would bet this is your problem! The cluster is easy to remove just be gentle and patient with the bezels surrounding it.

Thanks guys. Here is a photo. The odometer light is most definitely out.
f3bdbad6f323791c215c705a472a398c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Odometer light is out. The slightly dim area on the km/h clock is fairly normal. Mine is the same.

I can't ever remember my odo lighting up TBH. Maybe it is a common bulb to blow!

Odometer only lights up with the ignition/engine on.

Otherwise mine looked the same until last weekend when one of the bulbs went that light up the right hand side of the speedo and illuminates the speedo needle.

Mine always looked like this, would be funny to find out that there was a bulb out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mine has the slightly dim area on the km/h bit too, i think its normal cause of the position of the bulbs. Sounds like a few people have blown odo bulbs then or bad connections as discribed in my earlier post.

Thanks a lot. Do these bulbs work for the centre console display? Such as air con and rear windscreen heater? I notice when I press the Ac the led does not illuminate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back