• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

looking for a fit an oil cooler "how to guide" is there one?

Fit sandwich plate to oil filter housing
Fit new oil filter
Run lines through gearbox mount
Connect lines to cooler
Mount cooler to front crash bar on "cotton reel" mounts
(optional) drill front bumper to provide airflow

Fit sandwich plate to oil filter housing
Fit new oil filter
Run lines through gearbox mount
Connect lines to cooler
Mount cooler to front crash bar on "cotton reel" mounts
(optional) drill front bumper to provide airflow

Partyvan, got any pictures?

crowds

I ran the oil cooler pipes behind the manifold and over the gearbox, cable tie the lines to the wiring harness, over the top of the rad to the cooler.
I welded 2 studs to the lower of the front panel. So the oil cooler is bolted to both crash bar and lower panel. I'll upload a few pictures
20eafcc1575a7b66865122c50f94fae5.jpg

3cf56507ced84387b4ca9fdb03910845.jpg

I ran the oil cooler pipes behind the manifold and over the gearbox, cable tie the lines to the wiring harness, over the top of the rad to the cooler.
I welded 2 studs to the lower of the front panel. So the oil cooler is bolted to both crash bar and lower panel. I'll upload a few pictures
20eafcc1575a7b66865122c50f94fae5.jpg

3cf56507ced84387b4ca9fdb03910845.jpg

Phew - so you can fit an oil cooler even when you have aircon? It's just that I can see your aircon rad in front of the main one! :)

Umm - I don't suppose you have any more pics do you, Lewisgame?

Phew - so you can fit an oil cooler even when you have aircon? It's just that I can see your aircon rad in front of the main one! :)

Umm - I don't suppose you have any more pics do you, Lewisgame?

You can just about get it to fit. But it's extremely tight. I adjusted the condenser slightly (bent it back) to gain some clearance. Front bumper lower grill also had to be trimmed on the back.

Hi, I fitted mine slightly differently than Partyvan. I was told to leave the original cooler sandwich plate and oem water/oil cooler inplace, (as it puts the new sandwich plate close to the block and difficult to attach hoses. Fitted outlets pointing upwards and ran the hoses over the top of the engine and put the 19 row oil cooler on the crash bar behind the bumper - see pics
IMG_1272.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_1273.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_1274.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_1277.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Thanks - but with no aircon - that looks like a much easier job!

Hi, I fitted mine slightly differently than Partyvan. I was told to leave the original cooler sandwich plate and oem water/oil cooler inplace, (as it puts the new sandwich plate close to the block and difficult to attach hoses. Fitted outlets pointing upwards and ran the hoses over the top of the engine and put the 19 row oil cooler on the crash bar behind the bumper - see pics
IMG_1272.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_1273.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_1274.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_1277.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Back