• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Throttle Body Questions

Fresh oil change, valve clearances, don’t dress your tyres. Make sure the tyres are in good nik. Clean/change air filter if it needs it.

Edit: check plugs, replace if necessary.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fresh oil change, valve clearances, don’t dress your tyres. Make sure the tyres are in good nik. Clean/change air filter if it needs it.

Edit: check plugs, replace if necessary.

Sweet got my service coming up soon so will get all done. Also I got a 2.5" catback system, is it worth upgrading to a 3inch system or is 2.5inch good enough.

Yeah get a service and check car over like tyres etc before hand,
Seems your not changing the header I would just stick with a 2.5". I'm not sure a 3" catback would be worth it without a header.

Yeah get a service and check car over like tyres etc before hand,
Seems your not changing the header I would just stick with a 2.5". I'm not sure a 3" catback would be worth it without a header.

Sweet. Also I came buy the Japspeed 4-2 Header on H-Tune website which says blots direct onto existing cat. Is there any point in this header or best to leave the OEM one.

Personally I would'nt bother just stick with OEM.

A JDM one off an EP3 or DC5 are worth looking at if you can get your hands on one of them. They are a much better design than our versions and the cats are slightly freer flowing but still pass the mot.
They are like the Spoon versions.

For the most gain you will need a 421 header, secondly a JDM one, otherwise just stay as you are.

Personally I would'nt bother just stick with OEM.

A JDM one off an EP3 or DC5 are worth looking at if you can get your hands on one of them. They are a much better design than our versions and the cats are slightly freer flowing but still pass the mot.
They are like the Spoon versions.

For the most gain you will need a 421 header, secondly a JDM one, otherwise just stay as you are.

Cool. What about the sports car are they worth the money?

With the Japspeed 4-2-1 other then engine mount inserts would I need any other parts changed?

You won't need anything else to fit it, if your doing the engine mount inserts you may as well do the gearbox one too.

Obviously with that 421 your exhaust set up will probably be noisy and the inserts will cause some vibration in the cabin, as you said you want to keep it civilized as its your daily so just letting you know lol.

You will need a map too.

You won't need anything else to fit it, if your doing the engine mount inserts you may as well do the gearbox one too.

Obviously with that 421 your exhaust set up will probably be noisy and the inserts will cause some vibration in the cabin, as you said you want to keep it civilized as its your daily so just letting you know lol.

You will need a map too.

Are the cabin vibrations really bad?

I don't find it that bad, it's only noticable when stationary, its fine when driving, I bought new mounts and put the inserts in them as one mount was split but most people stick the inserts in old mounts so maybe their vibrations are worse.

Its personal preference some have fitted and removed them saying they could'nt stick the vibration,

Other people like me find them fine, I used my EP3 daily for a while with them fitted, now it's currently off the road but will be used during summer months for some fun lol.

I don't find it that bad, it's only noticable when stationary, its fine when driving, I bought new mounts and put the inserts in them as one mount was split but most people stick the inserts in old mounts so maybe their vibrations are worse.

Its personal preference some have fitted and removed them saying they could'nt stick the vibration,

Other people like me find them fine, I used my EP3 daily for a while with them fitted, now it's currently off the road but will be used during summer months for some fun lol.

Will change the mounts as well do everything once. Will I need the JDM ARB or will the UKDM stock one be ok. Is there any negatives driving wise with the 4-2-1 other then it making the car louder

You only need the JDM ARB if your using the Toda or Tegiwa 421, you should be ok with the one thats on there with the Japspeed 421.

As long as its mapped properly there should'nt be any issues when driving the car with a 421, issues come MOT time but seems you got a friendly tester you'll be fine.

Wicked. So I went ahead and brought the Japspeed mani, still deciding between the M2 & RBC mani. Once have both fitted will then get the K100 and a remap. Will it be safe to drive the car down few hundred miles with the 4-2-1 and intake mani for a map.

Stay out of vtec & take it easy, should be fine. Don’t be surprised if you see an EML after a while.

Stay out of vtec & take it easy, should be fine. Don’t be surprised if you see an EML after a while.

Will do, looking to get it mapped straight after getting the 4-2-1 and intake mani on. Am I correct that the K100 and remap will get rid of the EML, if so can I use the current 02 sensors or will i need the 02 simulators (even after remap).

Which engine mount inserts are good, I am looking at the Energy Suspension Engine Mount Inserts from Tegiwa website.

As Hazz said dont use Vtec and take it steady, the EML will come on but no you won't need anything like simulators or spacers the mappers will sort all that out for you.

I used the energy ones in mine for the engine mounts and the powerflex one for the gearbox mount.

Will do, looking to get it mapped straight after getting the 4-2-1 and intake mani on. Am I correct that the K100 and remap will get rid of the EML, if so can I use the current 02 sensors or will i need the 02 simulators (even after remap).

Which engine mount inserts are good, I am looking at the Energy Suspension Engine Mount Inserts from Tegiwa website.
Yes the k100 will bypass the 2nd o2 sensor and the light won't be on. The light is only used to monitor catalyst efficiency anyway, yours won't have one so won't be needed. I now run a wideband AFR gauge from the 2nd o2 sensor slot, which is always good to keep an eye on the afr but not really needed as the map will still retain knock detection etc.

Who are you planning to use to do the mapping on it?

Sent from my Mi MIX 2 using Tapatalk

Back