Home
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Throttle Body Questions

Quote Originally Posted by Shoonk View Post
    Yes you do have to slightly trim the slam panel to fit an RBC, TDI North are saying the M2 one gives better gains and no cutting is required.
    Nice I was originally looking at the M2 but then so a lot of talk about the RBC. May well just get the M2 then.

RBC has been tried and tested gives good gains and is an OEM part so is reliable hence why people stick with them, RRC makes more again and will fit an EP3 but you will be trimming off more than you would with the RBC.

M2 seems a good option if your not bothered about staying with OEM parts, TDI North said it does give better gains than the RBC, no trimming is required to fit plus a 70mm throttle body will bolt straight upto it too.

Just to to be sure and may be a stupid question with the DC Sports Manifold would the cat have to be deleted or can it be kept?

If I did go down the decat route would it be overly loud as I used to car as a daily and sometimes leave for work at 3am in the morning. Also if I went for just the K100 with a tune/map with my current mods which are a 2.5" inch cat back and a AEM CAI and may be get a M2 intake mani. What extra gains would it get and would it be worth it with just these two mods.

Thanked 3,044 Times in 1,852 Posts

Itís worth tuning no matter the mods. Much more driveable.

If your cat back has deleted the central silencer then yes, a decat will be too loud for a daily.

Mine made 223bhp on the same rollers with just an unsilenced b-pipe and an AEM CAI. Untuned it made 217bhp with the same mods. The big gains are mid range.
    UKDM y0!

The DC sports header is a 421 so there will be no cat with it.
    It will be noisier but depends on your cat back as well, as Hazz said if it is unsilenced it will be loud, if its silenced it will gain noise but may not be to bad, depends what you can live with really.

With your existing mods, adding the header and inlet manifolds, with a map should see around 235-240ish bhp depending on mappers and rolling roads etc.

Hazz / Shoonk thanks for all your advice guys appreciate it.

Think I will leave the decat as my cat back has the mid silencer deleted and starting it up in the mornings on a cold start at 3am it is bad enough already.

Will just get the intake mani and then send the ecu to get the K100 piggyback on the ecu and send in for the tune

No problem, you could go to a tuning company and they will sort the k100 and mapping at the same time save you sending it away etc.

The only two I have found online who offer that are TDI North and Eurospec, are there others?
    R#3- Cosmic Grey 06 plate Prem EP3
    R#2- Nighthawk Black FN2 GT, R#1- Satin Silver Prem EP3

I know CPL racing do it and I'm sure TDI PLC do it also as well as the ones you mentioned, there is 2 places I know of here in South Wales too, one I would'nt recommend and the other I only recently found out about so not too sure what they are like.