• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Throttle Body Questions

Yes the k100 will bypass the 2nd o2 sensor and the light won't be on. The light is only used to monitor catalyst efficiency anyway, yours won't have one so won't be needed. I now run a wideband AFR gauge from the 2nd o2 sensor slot, which is always good to keep an eye on the afr but not really needed as the map will still retain knock detection etc.

Who are you planning to use to do the mapping on it?

Sent from my Mi MIX 2 using Tapatalk

Sweet, was looking to get few gauges later on so will look into the wideband AFR (what ones do you have).

For the mapping I am planning to use Jessie for J.Cal. Did want to use TDi but it's a very long drive away from me.

Sweet, was looking to get few gauges later on so will look into the wideband AFR (what ones do you have).

For the mapping I am planning to use Jessie for J.Cal. Did want to use TDi but it's a very long drive away from me.
I'm running an aem failsafe gauge which is a boost and afr in one. Aem have a good reputation for afr gauges. I believe some of the bosch sensors are better than others, so I'd do some research as I think they do an option for both. I also have a innovate combined ** temp and pressure gauge. Both in a 2 gauge a pillar pod which looks pretty tidy.

Jesse mapped mine for me, really happy with the work he did. He's been really good for any issues and support with a few teething problems. Haven't heard anything negative about any of his work which is always a good sign.

I'm running an aem failsafe gauge which is a boost and afr in one. Aem have a good reputation for afr gauges. I believe some of the bosch sensors are better than others, so I'd do some research as I think they do an option for both. I also have a innovate combined ** temp and pressure gauge. Both in a 2 gauge a pillar pod which looks pretty tidy.

Jesse mapped mine for me, really happy with the work he did. He's been really good for any issues and support with a few teething problems. Haven't heard anything negative about any of his work which is always a good sign.

Wicked that just reassured me ever more that he will do a good job, pleased with that. Yeah he seems like a sound guy as been talking to him and already been a lot of help. What mods are your running on your one?

Running a rotrex and supporting parts really.

Here's his write up of it. Really happy with how it's going. Just uses alt more fuel now!
13fe3343a78027ed7837df3670c3dd05.jpg

Quick one guys looking to get the RBC. I am going to leave the stock throttle body on, been looking at some on the H-Tune website but confused as to which one I will need.

They have two options for the K20A 'Modified/Cut' or 'Modified/Cut 70mm' which one would I need to get.

Thanks

The only difference between those RBC's is one is standard size (will be the cheaper one) I believe its 64mm, whereas the other is bored to 70mm.

The 70mm will make slightly better gains and should you wish to upgrade the throttle body later on it's already ported.

Both can be used with the standard throttle body but you will need an adaptor plate and the inlet hose to fit. As you already know the slam panel will need a slight trim.

The only difference between those RBC's is one is standard size (will be the cheaper one) I believe its 64mm, whereas the other is bored to 70mm.

The 70mm will make slightly better gains and should you wish to upgrade the throttle body later on it's already ported.

Both can be used with the standard throttle body but you will need an adaptor plate and the inlet hose to fit. As you already know the slam panel will need a slight trim.

Do I just search for a RBC adaptor plate? Do I need anything else other than the adaptor plate and inlet hose like gaskets etc.

Yeah RBC adapter plate and throttle body idler hose, gasket should come with the adapter plate.

Tegiwa do it along with H Tune, Area Motorsport etc.

Back