• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Any local clever sods help me with wiring?

Hey, my FN2 has got a beaten up old-style iPod connector for the aux input in the little hatch beneath the OEM stereo. My question is wether or not it's possible to strip this back and splice it with a newer iPhone lightning cable?

if so, anyone local in Sussex or Redhill able to do this for me for beer money?

Cheers!!

Apple tend be sneaky with connectors.

Might not be as simple as cutting that off and joining the wires up with a lighting.

One of these should do it?

blingz-8-pin-to-30-pin-adapter-converter-connector-charger-for-iphone-5-ipad-4-mini-(white)-ad-30p-w08p-white-33.jpg

Totally different protocols on those connectors. Jimbo is right in saying that's the proper/easiest way of adapting the cable for your newer phone needs.

Long story short the Lightning Connector uses a controller at either end of the cable that negotiates with the device it's plugged in to, the pins on a lightning connector can be dynamically assigned depending on their purpose. The 30 pin connector of old has hard wired purposes for each pin.

Thanks all, I would use an adaptor normally but this wire is PROPERLY beaten up, to the point where it won't work regardless. I suppose I could get the dash apart and see how it's connected in the hope I can replace the wire for a lightning one ...

Back