• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Insurance after Motability

Hi guys!

I am looking at picking up a Civic Type R in April and I am just running the usual insurance quotes before purchase to make sure I can get insured for a reasonable price. I am 27 years old, 28 on April 1st (yes I am an April fool :rolleyes:), for the past 5-6 years I have been driving a Motability vehicle due to DLA entitlement because of Cancer. The motability car is due to be returned which allows me to pick up my own car, hopefully the Type R! I believe that the Motability insurance scheme provide a cover letter containing information on any accidents - luckily for me I don't have any! This should in effect grant me 5+ years of 0 claims with themselves.

Do any of the insurance companies here take these into consideration? Does this class as company car no claims or personal?

Hopefully someone here has been in a similar situation and can advise me correctly, from what I can gather the best course of action is to call around, just thought I would enquire here first to save myself the headache.

About me:

28 Male
Graphic Designer
Low risk postcode (CH2, Chester)
Driving since January 2006
Named driver on another car
Car to be parked on the road outside the house.

I took a quote with Brentacre and I am awaiting their response on a quote, however this was done as personal no claims entitlement. Hastings Direct have quoted me £43 per month but that is also down as personal no claim discount.

Thanks in advance guys and hopefully someone can shed some light on this situation :)

Hi MarkTypeR, we could use this to give you the equivalent introductory bonus (personal). We'd love to help you as a member of this forum but there is a requirement that you have experience of the performance a TypeR offers. What were you driving before? Please give us a call or PM me your number if you have the required experience.

In any case, even if we can't offer you anything this year we'll be great for you 12 months down the line.

best,
Nick

Hi Nick, thank you very much for the reply. Previous to me being on the motability scheme I was driving a Subaru Impreza WRX Import, Astra GSi turbo and before that a Citroen Saxo VTS (I was young, don't judge :lol:). I used to work as a mechanic up until 2011 therefore I do have experience of driving a large variety of different vehicles under different conditions.

Thanks again,
Mark.

I guess the Motability vehicle was not a performance vehicle? 5 years may be too long ago but we'll see what we can do when you call.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back