• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK2 Am I being blagged

Still not driven my new FK2, due to broken shoulder, so spending time gathering knowledge on it. The new owners pack was non existant, no PDI sheet, delivery and customer care section not complete in the service book, no dealers stamp. Reading the owners manual, I should have an audio system security code and serial number. The navigation system should also have a code and serial number.
Rang dealer (salesman) he said he will sort PDI and complete vechicle info. But he said I don't need any codes or serial numbers, is he correct ?
Is there anything else I should I have been given on delivery ? Any info will be much appreciated.
Thanks Annie. :confused:

You don't need a code for the radio no. It's coded to the ECU.

You should have had a little white plastic thing in the glove box which is a tool to assist with changing bulbs.
You should have an air compressor and tyre gel in the boot.
You should have the key to your locking nuts.

Thank you for the list, I have received all those + case full of cleaning stuff AND a Honda teddy bear.
I am getting confused as the owners manual keeps mentioning about entering code if the navigation unit fails to recognise vechicle or I need to the get the dealer to reset if code cannot be entered (p126)
Also reactivating Audio system may require a code (p225) if control unit fails to recognise it.
Hopefully I'm just worrying for nought.

I didn't receive my PDI form either :( not really an issue but it's one of those miniscule things that niggles you every now & then

You're worrying about nowt!

It's if the headunit gets replaced or somehow completely wipes it's memory. It's coded to the ECU from the factory, so if it's working now it will carry on working.

I didn't get a honda teddy bear !!!!

...... on a serious note though, I now know what that white plastic tool is for, thanks Loxy!

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Back