• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 Front Shock Absorber Question

Hi there I've been told that I've got a leaking front
shock absorber and my local Honda stealer wants £360+Vat for 2 shockies and labour. He also told me not to bother with any other make of shockies other than the Sachs OEM as other makes are difficult to fit and cause problems in tracking and have to be adapted. Is this correct???

I was looking through other threads but can't find much info on the subject. I found other shock absorbers like these stark ones http://m.onlinecarparts.co.uk/stark-7790489.html I was wondering if anyone has heard or had experience with this manufacturer? Also the Sachs are like £114 each seems a bit pricy to me am I wrong?I was wondering if anyone know a slightly cheaper alternative and where to buy them from?

The thing with patten/copy shox is that they dont last as long as the oem ones
They tend to start knockin after approx 8 months from where the piston sits

£230 I've been quoted for the Sachs OEM by my dealer for a pair. I could just do the one but they should be done in pairs

Is that £230 inc labour or just for the shocks

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

That was just for the shocks ended up I got them from a german parts website for 70quid with shipping each to the uk *** cant remember the name of the site. Defo get the sachs ones aftermarkets are hard to fit and problematic.

That was just for the shocks ended up I got them from a german parts website for 70quid with shipping each to the uk *** cant remember the name of the site. Defo get the sachs ones aftermarkets are hard to fit and problematic.
Auto doc ?? Just ordered mine yesterday from auto doc 70-80 quid each for Sachs shocks 130 for eibach lowering springs and 13 quid each for drop links ..autodoc!

Auto doc ?? Just ordered mine yesterday from auto doc 70-80 quid each for Sachs shocks 130 for eibach lowering springs and 13 quid each for drop links ..autodoc!

...that's also German

yep thats the one there good shocks ur mech should have no probs in fitting them.
Cheers mate good company that isn't it they confirmed over the phone with there technicians that everything I ordered is definitely compatible to my fn2 type r...how long after making the order did you receive and was everything up to scratch yeah ? They've got an app that's really easy to use aswell mate

Back