• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK2 Sqeaky Brakes

Might aswel ask to see if anyone else has Squeaky breaks.

Mine are fine at any speed above 15mph but at really slow speeds when you're just trying to stop they give off the loudest high pitch note ever. I can't even tell which calliper it is at the moment but I'm guessing drivers side with how clearly I can hear it.

Anyone else had issues? I'm thinking of taking it to Honda even *** I'm fairly confident I could sort it myself I just don't want to start playing and then screw something up.

I had Squeaky Breaks,changed all four didn't Squeak for the first week but now they do Squeak,
Could be related to discs being worn

Last edited by a moderator:
They all do it. Loads of posts on other forums and facebook groups about it.

Brembo squeal allegedly and mine is exactly the same as you describe... :lol:

There is a theory that braking gently glazes the pads and some hard breaking clears it, but it'll come back as soon as you start braking gently again.

Better start driving to and from work like a hooligan then. :lol:

Thanks for the responses guys.

Yep mine squeak too. Normal this mate with brembos

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

I fitted new performance pads and ever since they squeel horribly at low speeds. Nothing to do about it so got used to it.

I haven't had it happen yet I'm on 3000 miles but it gets driving like a granny as my kids are always in the car

I had an Alfa Romeo 159 fitted with brembo 330mm 4 pot brakes.... they tended to make a little noise on gentle braking. Had it to my local alfa dealer who stripped and cleaned the calipers etc... made absolutely no difference and no matter how hard I drove the car the noise just would not go away.
Apparently its just something you've got to put up with!

Enjoy - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVJxWxl3JII

Mine squeaked/ shreaked like the Alfa in the video until I had to slam on the stoppers from about 70mph on a dual carriage way (to near complete stop)- completely cured the noise. Similar to what was posted earlier, light breaking seems to graze the pads which causes the horrific noise. So extremely heaving breaking in a safe area, or ruffing the pads up might be required every so often.

Back