• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK2 FK2 Track Day Discussion

yes yes, bring out your RSL29 hype drum :D

CL's are now 2 piece :p i saw stuff like this but seemed to be old threads and not quiet enough to say it was a common issue. All the other 7 friction pads remain connected to the backing plate.Failure is the inner trailing side
eAyR79L.png

collecting a set of 8.5x18 TD1.3's at the weekend. might be able to claw most of that back when i sell my cheap winters and use the TD's to swap between AS/winter and track rubber.

That was common place, personally I would never use a pad where it breaks away like that.

I haven't used Pagid 29's bit used 14's and 42's and never had issues.

new set of CL pads swapped out. see if these fare any better next year.
Reseller said the glue is fine, it's the actual compound that's failed.

old ones took about 1mm wear over the last 6 weeks so assuming all that is at track day then they should last a reasonable time. if not, then pagids are next on the list.

Decided to go with PBS on the rear too. despite not being that fond of PBS up front (lack of feel/a bit wooden) their performance is reasonable. I'm trying them on the rear as DixcelZ's i'm currently using are +£100.
....PBS's just turned up, might have to go back as they don't have the little nub to stop the piston rotating :/ edit: looks like wrong parts. 2nd&3rd P/N digits swapped around. look like the right bits just without the correct nub.

next decision is Nankang AR1, Toyo R888R, or cup2's but see what prices are like between now and spring.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back