• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Nidge's Cosmic EP3

So I got my Cosmic EP3 about 2 weeks ago and I'm loving it.

Been fairly restrained with the V-Tec as I mainly use the car as my daily to and from work so not much opportunity.

Did take the wife out in it a couple of times and gave it some V-Tec, she thought it was mental! :evil:

Not really planning on doing many mods as I want to keep it fairly standard. Only change so far is that I have fitted some Bosch Aerotwin wiper blades.

Just gave it a clean over the weekend after treating the car to some Auto Finesse goodies.

Anyway a few pics of the exterior of the car. I have never cleaned/detailed before so there is plenty of room for improvement.

That's all for now. Next thing is to clean the interior of the car and the engine bay.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks tidy. I've got a soft spot for a Cosmic EP3. :cool:

Love a Cosmic. They really look the part when cleaned up properly. Enjoy it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks guys. I'm really pleased with the car.

The wheels are fairly mint. I'm trying to be really careful not to kerb them but it's bound to happen sooner or later.

I gave them an initial clean but need to buy some tar remover and something to get the old wheel weight marks off. Also need to sort out the Red H centre caps as they have faded.

Also gave the interior a good clean up. Fairly pleased with the results.

I need to replace the mats at some point as the drivers side is starting to wear. Also coloured in the red stitching on the steering wheel and gear gaiter since this photo was taken and it looks much better.

Finally not sure if there are any fans of 'beading' or if I'm the only one! Typically it rained after I cleaned the car for the first time but hopefully shows I did a reasonable job.

Cheers

Nidge.

The inner door handles were really bugging me as I am sure everyone knows the paint scratches and rubs off over time quit easily. So I removed them and resprayed them.

I removed them using a small screwdriver via the hole in the back of the handle. Unfortunately previous owners hadn't always done this so annoyingly the handles have got some marks around the edges where they have been prised off.

I got some Vauxhall Silver Star 2 paint from Halfrauds as it seemed like a good match. Never sprayed anything before and it looks like I used most of the can on the newspaper!

There are still some marks and scratches showing and maybe I should have prepared the handles better before painting but they are an improvement from before.

Back on the car now and overall I am pleased with the results.

I have also bought some more Auto Finesse stuff.

After the first clean and detail I wasn't happy with the finish on the wheels. There were a lot old wheel weight marks and tar still present.

There was also a lot of tar on the bodywork which made claying extra hard work.

I have ordered some AF Oblitarate and Iron Out. I also got some AF Mint Rims wheel wax and Satin tyre dressing. Will get some pictures up once I actually clean the car again.

Realy nice looking cosmic there! Keep up the good work. I carbon wrapped my door handles as they had some deep scratches in them. Oh and I'm also a big fan of beading!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Gave the engine bay a bit of a clean the other day.

To be honest it was kept fairly clean by the previous owner and I have only given it a quick clean this time.

I covered the electrical parts using cling film before spraying on Auto Finesse Verso followed by a gentle rinse with the hose.

Finally sprayed on some Dressle.

I also wanted to sort out the wheel centre caps as they are fading although I haven't 100% decided how to do this yet.

Anyway in the meantime as I took off the wheels to remove the caps I thought I would give the wheels a bit of a clean.

I used a combination of Auto Finesse Citrus Power, Imperial wheel cleaner and Lather shampoo. I then used some Oblitarate to remove the tar and old wheel weight residue. I also used some Iron Out to remove the brake dust and other grime.

Wheel before:

A couple of shots after:

That's all for now. Thanks for looking.

Nice to see people being so meticulous/ ocd with their car. Always get people saying to me "what's the point in cleaning the engine bay nobody sees it". Just looks so much better when it's clean even if I am the only one to see it Haha. Keep up the good work! Wheels looking like new!

New interior LED bulbs arrived in the post this morning so just fitted these.

Pleased with the improvement.

Comparison photo:

Much better:

Thanks for looking.

Nice to see people being so meticulous/ ocd with their car. Always get people saying to me "what's the point in cleaning the engine bay nobody sees it". Just looks so much better when it's clean even if I am the only one to see it Haha. Keep up the good work! Wheels looking like new!

Thanks col,

It's probably the only decent car I have ever owned but I don't have loads of cash for modifications and not sure that's my thing anyway so I am just trying to keep it looking clean and tidy.

My ep was my 1st decent car too. Only intended to keep a year or so but enjoyed it so much I've nearly had it 4 now. Might not of kept it quite so long if it had stayed standard though. Great cars standard but if you chose to go down the mod route then things like k100 will not disappoint!

Car looks great buddy!

Fit an intake to her for a little Vtec noise, Tegiwa or Gruppe M and just keep it nice and standard!

Looks a great example!

Thanks guys.

I'm very happy with the car.

Must say I'm tempted by the Tegiwa intake at a later date. Need to save some cash and prioritise what I want to do.

Sent from my E2281UK using Tapatalk

Not much of an update but detailed the car at the weekend. Haven't got an pictures as unfortunately after I moved my car to clean the wife's car I inadvertently parked it by a neighbour having their driveway redone so now it's covered in dust!

I did fit some LED number plate bulbs and I replaced my cracked engine cover with a second hand one off eBay.

Old cover:

Replacement cover:

That's all for now.

Just a small update on the car. Only doing little jobs at the moment as the other half's car needed a new exhaust.

I have replaced the pollen filter and air filter as the old ones were looking a bit grubby.

Old vs new pollen filter:

Old vs new air filter:

Nice easy job replacing the filters apart from a couple of screws on the air filter were rusted and knackered. I need to get some replacements sorted.

I bought myself some interior detailing spray, some paint glaze & some plastic restorer to add to my collection of cleaning products.

Also got myself a cheap storage unit to organise my stuff.

Just need to get outside and clean the car.

That's all for now. Thanks for looking.

Had a day off work today and the weather was nice so gave the car a well needed clean. Heading to a classic car show on Sunday and didn't want to go with a dirty car (not that my car is in the show of course, I am just fussy!)

Did a pre-wash using a hand pump, then gave the wheels a shampoo.

Next I did a quick tar removal and decontamination on the wheels and lower bodywork.

Washed the car using the 2 bucket method and then dried it using my new Auto Finesse Aqua Deluxe which I am very happy with.

Also tried out my new glaze and topped it off with some wax.

Gave the windows and plastics a quick clean, polished up the exhaust tips and waxed the wheels.

Job done.

Picture below showing the flake pop. I just love the colour of the cosmic.

Need to give the interior a quick clean on Sunday morning.

Thanks for looking.

So after being towed home from work this week due to a seized front right caliper I have now got my car fixed. As it's my daily car I needed it fixed asap so took it to my usual garage. They got to work and it turns out both front calipers had seized!

Anyway due to general finance's, going on holiday next week & me being a total noob I didn't end up getting braided hoses, have to leave that for another time.

Anyway got both calipers replaced and brembo pads put on. No idea what they will be like but they have got to be better than the seized up brakes!

Also I won a second hand but unused JDM rear arb on eBay so sometime after holiday I need to order some bushes and drop links so I can get that fitted.

Back