• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Nidge's Cosmic EP3

Battled the hot weather to put my newly painted rocker cover on today.

This is my old one starting to look a bit tired:

Compared to the freshly painted one:

Very pleased with the outcome. It was worth the effort.

Pleased to say the car passed its mot today without any problems.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

Pleased to say the car passed its mot today without any problems.

Was the tester blind?! Jokes. Always nice to have the ticket. No matter how certain you are it will get it.

Sent from my Mi MIX 2 using Tapatalk

Was the tester blind?! Jokes. Always nice to have the ticket. No matter how certain you are it will get it.

Sent from my Mi MIX 2 using Tapatalk
Haha Cheers. To be honest I would have been a bit gutted if it had failed. My mechanic said it was in great condition and nice to see the mechanical side of things in good shape.

It's nice to have a few light mods but I'm happy to look after the car and make sure it runs well.

Only 2 weeks after the car flew through its Mot left work at 7pm today, got 100 yards down the road and car has cut out and broken down.

Awaiting recovery after first van turned up, tried using an obd reader and couldn't get it to work in my port!

So no idea what's wrong. It has a full tank of fuel but could be blocked? Maybe battery? New spark plugs last year but not sure regarding coil packs?

Not happy.

And just to top the day off once we got the car off the back of the truck.

The wife jumped in the car to steer as the recovery driver and I pushed the car onto my drive.

Didn't think to remind the wife the steering would be very heavy and brakes stiff without the car running.

So as we pushed the car onto the drive it got nearer and nearer the house until it crashed into it!

Nice scratches and a small dent on the rear bumper now. Bloody brilliant.

Got the car recovered to my usual garage.

Turns out the ECU fuse had blown. Nice quick fix at no cost, however the only problem is it looks like the round metal brackets holding my Tegiwa induction kit in place had been rubbing against a set of wires between the kit and the rocker cover creating a short circuit.

I need to remove it and tape up the wires and try and adjust the way the kit sits in the engine bay.

well thats good news, atleast its q quick fix and nothing major. Going to have to check my wires around the teg kit too.

well thats good news, atleast its q quick fix and nothing major. Going to have to check my wires around the teg kit too.

Yes pleased about the quick fix. I've not heard of the problem before from anyone, maybe I just haven't fitted it quite right.

So after breaking down due to the blown ecu fuse I had a look at the wiring near my Tegiwa intake. Sure enough the round metal brackets holding the kit together were resting against the wires and had rubbed through one of the wires causing a short. Thankfully it didn't slice right through the wire.

SzCXDB4h.jpg

You can probably just see where there is a slight nick in the yellow wire on the far right hand side.

GR9VHBDh.jpg

Anyway I removed the intake and made some adjustments to the fitting of it and at the moment it appears to be located slightly better. I will keep an eye on it for now and I have a pack of spare fuses in the glove box just in case.

I'm still not 100% happy with the fitment of the Tegiwa intake after the wiring issue particularly as I use the car for getting to work so I have removed it all together for now and put the standard one back on.

I may well sell the Tegiwa intake but if the standard one is too quiet I might have to research an alternative intake further down the line.

Standard one makes no noise at all compared to the Tegiwa one, at least there's plenty other options for intakes.

Yeah your old intake Flashy. Do you want to buy it off me

Just had a drive out with the standard one back on again. Definitely more subtle than the teg. I forgot how quiet it was.

The ITG looks nice but not sure if it's worth spending the money.

I know it's unlikely but don't want to risk the injen cai as I drive my car all year round and some of the roads flood quite badly round my way.

Are you planning to map your car or do you just want it for the noise? I'm back to a modded box and ITG drop in filter, I think I've had my day with induction noise. Much prefer the sound of my 2.5" 5Zigen catback :)

No to be honest I haven't got a great desire or the funds to map it.

I've got the tegiwa cat back exhaust that I'm happy with and done a few handling mods.

I'm not desperate for the noise of the tegiwa now, but maybe nice to have something slightly louder than stock.

How is the airbox mod with drop in filter?

I like it, got a caf running from the wheel arch and behind the battery to a trumpet on the intake pipe

Attachments

• DSC_1858-2992x1688.JPG
    DSC_1858-2992x1688.JPG
    827.8 KB · Views: 51
The ITG Maxogen is a good intake, I’ve had it on my ep3 for about 4 years now, however it is a very quiet intake not much noise difference over OEM Airbox.

Another quality build thread! The attention to detail that you guys have make these well worth the read :)

Sorry to hear about your most recent issues, hope you got them sorted :)

Back