• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK2: Oil Level Low Light ON! :(

If you drove the car hard (track work for example) for a constant 1000km. Good chance you'll burn a litre of oil. In the real world, it's unlikely.

wassup guys, just filled up the engine oils to safe levels with this 0w20 Type 2 thing, bought it off a local Honda Dealership.

i'm thinking of using performance or upgraded or racing oils.

any recommendations from Turbo FK2 CTR guys??

thanks much appreciate it! :)

this is what the local dealer sold to me.....

Screen_Shot_2016_06_03_at_11_07_24_PM.png

If its from Honda it should be fine

Sent from my SM-G130HN using Tapatalk

All,

Nice to see a thread on this already! I'm a new FK2 2015 Honda driver and new to petrol engines.

My last full service was done at 11209 miles at Honda Dealer. When I checked my oil level, the chap filled it right up near the max marker on the dip stick although on the manual it says when refilling it should be half way. Ok no bother.

So since then I have covered 3105 miles. My driving style is like an old man but I have given it a hard drive now and then but rarely.

I checked my dipstick today and the oil level is a quarter the way up from the MIN LIMIT.

I checked the manual and it states normal oil consumption is a litre every 625 miles.

If the capacity of the tank is 5L from empty then I guess I'm well within the norm.

In my 12 years of having a SEAT Leon Diesel, I only had to fill the oil tank once! After 10k miles of driving oil consumption would drop to the mid way of the dipstick indicators.

I guess I will have to get used to topping up my oil with this car then.

Not moaning here but its something I have to get used to.

One question, from the MIN LIMIT of the dipstick, how many litres to reach the MAX LIMIT on the dipstick?

Thanks, and also wanted to say thanks to the people who contribute and help people like me.

Ta

All,

Nice to see a thread on this already! I'm a new FK2 2015 Honda driver and new to petrol engines.

My last full service was done at 11209 miles at Honda Dealer. When I checked my oil level, the chap filled it right up near the max marker on the dip stick although on the manual it says when refilling it should be half way. Ok no bother.

So since then I have covered 3105 miles. My driving style is like an old man but I have given it a hard drive now and then but rarely.

I checked my dipstick today and the oil level is a quarter the way up from the MIN LIMIT.

I checked the manual and it states normal oil consumption is a litre every 625 miles.

If the capacity of the tank is 5L from empty then I guess I'm well within the norm.

In my 12 years of having a SEAT Leon Diesel, I only had to fill the oil tank once! After 10k miles of driving oil consumption would drop to the mid way of the dipstick indicators.

I guess I will have to get used to topping up my oil with this car then.

Not moaning here but its something I have to get used to.

One question, from the MIN LIMIT of the dipstick, how many litres to reach the MAX LIMIT on the dipstick?

Thanks, and also wanted to say thanks to the people who contribute and help people like me.

Ta

Usually 1L of oil from min to max on the dipstick on a K20.

Back