• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

The Bikerat

Productive day today!

One coil off the rear springs. This is right afterwards, it's settled a little already. May need a 1/2 coil off the front.....

A good example of why a TT costs more than a micra!

SO. MUCH. BETTER.

Stiffening up the springs and dampers has completely transformed this car. As standard it was bouncy, under-damped and the squirmy feeling from the panhard rod shifting the rear axle around was horrible. Now it's full go-kart spec, actually really fun around the twisties and super grippy with those wide Yokohama S-drives. The seats are just a whole new world compared to the sh***y oems; comfy, supportive and lovely quality leather.

I'm actually starting to like this car.

Wow, what a move on the seats!

I'm sure I remember you saying no cut springs?!

Did you have to fabricate rails for those seats? Rough cost? As I really want Brides in the Volvo.

If I'm not mistaken, Focus seats are a reasonably direct fit into the V50? Recaro do rails for them, so should be able to accommodate the Brides

YES. Brides in the Volvo. Correct.

I ground and drilled the mounts off the original rails and bolted them onto the new rails, I'll weld them when I have access to a welder, but that was basically it. OK, it took a lot of thought and planning, but it was actually pretty simple to do once I had it all figured out. The micra doesn't have anything wired to the seats or belts which makes a BIG difference.

The mounts are all pretty tough steel, so you've got to take your time. I had to drill out rivets on every mount, starting at 2mm and working up to 8mm, stepping up 1mm at a time. And I still snapped or blunted a bunch of drill bits. I also used about one and a half cutting discs on the welds.

Costs: Seats £30
Nuts and bolts £4
Cutting discs £5
Snapped a bunch of drill bits..... so £20

I also bought a couple bits of cold rolled steel from B&Q, but I didn't need them in the end, they cost about £6 per metre.

If I'm not mistaken, Focus seats are a reasonably direct fit into the V50? Recaro do rails for them, so should be able to accommodate the Brides

If that works then it would be a good option. The chances of fitting the seats to the Volvo rails is slim because they'll have complex mounts due to all the adjustability, just look at the bottom of those TT seats.

Whip one of the seats out and have a look at the mounting points, then we'll have a better idea of what we're dealing with.

Get some hot water mixed with all purpose cleaner on those seats. You'll be surprised at the amount of gunk that comes off them. Will stop them from being so shiney too.

I've got some proper fancy leather cleaner and food from my mother, but yeah, they need a good wash first.

There's a patch on the drivers headrest that I thought was wear, upon closer examination it turned out to be some sort of hair wax. Way to conform to the stereotype TT owner....

JIMBO

ATTENTION

IMMEDIATELY

D661BBA3-98A6-451A-94B0-9820B22E8F18_zpshij3lo8i.jpg

On so many levels that shouldn't work, but fvck me if that isn't the mutts nuts!!

That Ute Back would be simple to do by using the OEM bootlid as the rear window. It would be so rad to own something like that, the amount of attention it would get would be astounding.

Back