• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Exedy clutch

have heard of exedy before but dunno if its upto oem quality but good price for full kit... mine needs one I think getting awkward to get in gear in vtec and don't wanna naff the flywheel / gearbox.

There are two versions of the Exedy OEM clutch, the Euro version and the US version.

The Euro version can be like chocolate and only last a few thousand miles. The US one is spot on. You can tell the US because it comes with the friction disc and pressure plate in separate boxes inside the main box.

You also want the Honda OEM release bearing as the Exedy ones can squawk.

The clutch in the link will be the Euro version, besides by the time you've added the price of the Honda release bearing you may as well have just bought the Honda clutch set as it isn't much more.

Surely they cant be that bad ?? are exedy not similar to the oem anyway ?

if so what else do you recommend just want a decent oem or oem similar replacement.

Installed an OEM clutch recently, £155.00 from a Honda dealer in Perth via eBay. I heard similar stories about the Exedy models and didn't take the chance.

I'd go for the Honda, purely because the release bearings get noisy.

My exedy has done 6k, 1500 miles of that was charged and running 360bhp. Only gripe is the release bearing has started to sound a bit dry, but I don't use it much, hence the 6k in 3 or 4 years!

For the extra 30 or 40 quid I'd just go for the Honda kit as I've heard they're a lot better.

Sent from my Mi MIX 3 using Tapatalk

Back