• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

ribbit's EP3

Heres my 2005 EP3, my first Honda.

It originally belonged to my mother for 8 years, until it eventually ending up in my hands :) not in the best state but as a family owned car i wasnt going to let that stop me. It has now covered around 150k miles and still pulls like a train.

Heres a list of mods (before we bought a house and it came off the road for some love)

Resprayed spark and inlet covers
Team Heko wind deflectors
Skunk2 gearknob
Fabric gear gaiter
270mm Broadway mirror
Kenwood double din DVD/stereo
Sportex catback
Pre-facelift fuel pipe cover
Mintex discs and pads

Ill let the pictures do the talking

IMG_0506_zps2439bbf2.jpg

First major job was to get the underside protected and with the help of my friend we set about getting it covered in waxoyl. First was the prep, wrapping the exhaust and removing the arch liners. I kept the front ones in but the rear carpet ones ended up in the bin! I can't figure out why Honda decided to put them on the facelifts, unless it was to keep road noise down???

Here are the pics (sorry for the poor quality pics taken on my phone)

This is what came out of the rear arches!

We let it set in for a couple of hours before taking it home. Job done.

Next step was a wash, polish and blast around Olivers Mount :smt047

And at the starting line

Looking good :) I am going to have to have mine undersealed soon I think.

Great work ribbit!!

Did you have a blast round olivers mount?

Looking good :) I am going to have to have mine undersealed soon I think.

Needs to be done, only wish my mum had gotten it done sooner. Luckily i had the chance to use a ramp which made it so much easier.

Great work ribbit!!

Did you have a blast round olivers mount?

Love it up there mate, you ever been to watch the bikes or hillclimbs?

nice car, looks good :cool:
just one question, did you clean any of the rust off or just sprayed on top of it?

just one question, did you clean any of the rust off or just sprayed on top of it?

Was going to ask the same thing! Hope the first.

Nice looking motor. The carpet arches are indeed for road noise IIRC. They soak up dirt enormously though.

How does the sportex exhaust sound? I've been looking at buying that backbox , it looks well on the car

Yeah we stripped it all down best we could before applying the waxoyl.

How does the sportex exhaust sound? I've been looking at buying that backbox , it looks well on the car

It was pretty loud to be honest, I've since gone for a M2 Spoon N1 rep with the silenced mid section thinking it would be quieter :lol: its not, but does look louds better

What's a Pre-facelift fuel pipe cover?

My mates Pre-facelift has a cover over the pipe that leads to the fuel tank which mine didn't have. Figured there must be a reason it was on the older models so no harm fitting it.

Hope those pictures clarify.

It was pretty loud to be honest, I've since gone for a M2 Spoon N1 rep with the silenced mid section thinking it would be quieter :lol: its not, but does look louds better

Do you still have the backbox?

Was looking at getting a M2 Silenced Mid Section matched up with M2 Spoon N1 Rep but was hoping it wouldn't be too loud! Not sure about it now....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll stick a video up at some point, I only drove it back from the garage. I'm use to my quiet Volvo S40 daily

Looks good, better job than my under seal, I was laid under my car which was on axel stands with a paint brush :smt119

Looks good, better job than my under seal, I was laid under my car which was on axel stands with a paint brush :smt119

Ill end up doing that before it goes back on the road :lol: i was lucky enough my mate had access to a ramp

Thought id throw up some more up to date pictures, excuse the dirty wheels, i couldn't be bothered cleaning them when i did the rest of the car :lol:

Ive always wanted a Spoon N1, but unfortunately my pockets don't stretch to the genuine item so i settled for a M2 replica. Luckily while searching on here and CTRO i found one second hand that had barely seen the road and it was less than half the price of a brand new one RESULT!!! Ive also replaced the sportex straight pipe with a M2 silenced catback. Still a loud system but i can live with it for now....

Ive also changed the rear lights to prefacelift, I've always wanted to do this but never got round to it until someone in I'm guessing a 4x4 had driven into the back of the car whilst i had run into a shop. And wouldn't you have guessed just driven off :mad: luckily that was the only damage they had caused and once again CTRO had come to the rescue with a £50 set posted next day.

Onto the interior. My friend was selling his spare bucket seat as it was too big for him, so snapped that up at a bargain £90. I know its a little scratched up but nothing a lick of paint won't solve. It is a Cobra Imola 2 and fits me perfectly, coupled with the M2 seat rail it sits perfectly.

Ive also swapped out the standard steering wheel for a Momo Tuner, bolted to a HKB boss. Unfortunately it doesn't include the SRS and Horn attachments, my bad as i didn't read the description properly :whistle managed to trick the SRS system though and connected the horn to a spare button a had laying around, it'll do for now and its better than not having one at all

Thats all for now :smt023

Back