• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 Anyone help? Hum noise when 100-110KM on motorway

I am living New Zealand and just bought my 2019 CTR. I noticed that between 100kM-120KM (65mile) on motorway , if the car is under slight throttle in 6th gear, there is a strange Whistle noise ( very light, i probably shouldn't call it a hum noise) developed from front of the car. I am not sure if its coming from the transmission? Kinda annoying when turn off the audio. Is that normal? does anyone have the same issue? Can anyone try it,get car hot first, turn aircon and audio off, cruise on motorway at 105-115km, and light throttle, see if there is any whistle?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmm defo not normal. How's the gear change all good? Maybe a noisy diff but defo not something I've come across on the forums

Get it to the dealer mate

Hmmm defo not normal. How's the gear change all good? Maybe a noisy diff but defo not something I've come across on the forums

Get it to the dealer mate

Only happens when cruise on motorway on 6th gear. Gotta be on 6th gear and put foot on throttle lightly. And it’s actually kind of whistle noise especially car is hot. I actually drove another one in dealership and happens as well. Can you try yours and see if happens to you after 15mins on motorway at 105-115km, gotta be on 6th gear.

Gear changing is all good.

ohhh maybe it's just the turbo spooling up which happens under load in 6th for sure. Change the display to the turbo gauge and see if the sound happens as the boost increases...

Other than that not sure mate, sorry

I know turbo spooling noise sounds like, but this noise only happens on slight throttle, or set on cruise control 6th gear 110km curising. Very light light whistle from trans or something. You won't notice it when music on. Just turn everything off and have a listen.

Will be the dif, can you record the sound?

howdy, It is very hard to record that sound even it happens constantly. The sound is too minor to be recorded, people who seats at the back seat barely hear it, only people sit in front can hear it. Have you tried your type R on 6th gear 105-115km/h on motorway under light throttle? WIll it happen to you too? I didn't take to Honda Mechanic, but I test drove other two from Honda dealership, they are all the same, maybe they came from the same batch.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was at Petrolicious yesterday at Bicester (just in case anyone was there - saw one CW FK8 ) so had nice 60-70 mph carriageway drives from Watford and no whistle/whine mate. Apols, I cant help mate but hope you get it sorted or get peace of mind

howdy, It is very hard to record that sound even it happens constantly. The sound is too minor to be recorded, people who seats at the back seat barely hear it, only people sit in front can hear it. Have you tried your type R on 6th gear 105-115km/h on motorway under light throttle? WIll it happen to you too? I didn't take to Honda Mechanic, but I test drove other two from Honda dealership, they are all the same, maybe they came from the same batch.

Sorry for the delay been driving around Scotland for the last 5 days ok so I definitely don't have the noise you have but I can hear the diff at that speed and the AC seems to whistle at various intervals but not at any particular speed, also the AC is lame but that's another grumble.

Back