• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

What did you do to your Type R today?

When you go +R and do the hold it will say fully off in the dash and you need to press ok to clear the written warning.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Yes, think I have done that but rear pads are still getting eaten at twice the speed of the fronts. Maybe that's normal.

Yeah AC off is a must, with it on you are heating the air with the warm condenser before it flows through the main rad.

I found the conti’s pretty bad, they rolled over onto the sidewalls unless I put more pressure in them at which point they overheated after a single lap.

Smeared a good deal of pad material over the front discs too but it’s clearing up slowly.

Interesting re the Contis. When I was at Bedford I pumped them up (when cold) to the high speed setting (as identified on the driver's door). Was way too high. I now have them set at normal pressures and they've been fine.

Yes, think my front disks have a lot of ad material on them - getting all pads changed next week and then we can inspect the disks.

Yes, think I have done that but rear pads are still getting eaten at twice the speed of the fronts. Maybe that's normal.
I run DS2500 pads in the rear and I am getting 2 or 3 front sets to 1 rear with 2nd stage "traction" turned off. The oem pads are pretty soft on the rear.

Is there a downside to using DS2500?
Bit more aggressive on the disk and they take some heat to get a decent bite. I am on my 2nd set after using up the oem pads, disk wear is not too bad. From an insurance perspective they do not carry the road use certification as they are classed as race use only.

Bit more aggressive on the disk and they take some heat to get a decent bite. I am on my 2nd set after using up the oem pads, disk wear is not too bad. From an insurance perspective they do not carry the road use certification as they are classed as race use only.

Thanks, will take a look.

took mine into the Reading office yesterday....had a bit of a close shave with the air-conditioning ducting in the car park. go careful out there peeps!

19F7CDA6-9B45-4DF0-8CAC-2233A7E733FA.jpeg

Here is my new FK8 in the detail bay receiving its ceramic coat.
Had it two weeks now & loving it, better in almost every way to my MK3 Focus RS.

y8OEFoF.jpg

Almost everything but the sound?

Get a Remus! (still wont pop and f4rt though)

Not missing that element of the RS.Quite happy keeping this car standard (apart from the wheels)

The only thing I would change is the wooden brake pedal feel.

Yeah i remember being a bit disappointed with the brake feel when I got mine, but it either gets better as they bed in....or I am completely used to it...

They are fantastic when needed though at full anchors - H Christ, stopped on a six pence it felt after a couple of close ones..

Found a way to remove the front number plate holder without taking the bumper off. Hit a pigeon at 70mph, doh. Pleased it's gone, looks much better with out, saved a few grams of weight too.

cooking 'em on track arcam?
out of interest, which ones you used? i've a theory but waiting to prove right/wrong on 14th when i'm back at donny

cooking 'em on track arcam?
out of interest, which ones you used? i've a theory but waiting to prove right/wrong on 14th when i'm back at donny
Yep, back on the Ring for the last 2 days, I normally use Pagid RS29s and I used them today. Yesterday I was testing a new prototype race pad from EBC.

are they undersized pads? hc800's and PBS i've used are both factory size. these CL RC6e's are purposely made undersized for heat expansion (-1.3mm for our shape). i've a suspicion with factory size pads, the heat is making 'em bind up and drag slightly.
this track thing is a new world to me so i could be way off point. 2weeks to find out if these CL's 'll work for me. 1000c+ temp handling and heat expansion i cant see how i'll have problems although i dont have a way to measure peak disc temps and having to go off how they look and feel. i know the dba/pbs combo exceeded 630c on a wet day.

on another point, i've not washed the car since fitting the rc6e's, and noticed one of my wheels has an orangy/bronze tint to it. dirty pads but i didnt buy 'em to worry about dust.

Last edited by a moderator:
The RS29 pads are the stock size and work brilliantly for all use, but maybe a little squealy in mild road driving for some.

The prototype EBC pads were 1.5mm under stock size.

I have been running the EBC fully floating direct fit front disks for the last 5 sets of pads and they are fantastic quality and really make a big difference to the brakes, not cheap at £880 a set ... but I guess this conversion is for another thread

Back