• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 Replacing shocks and springs

After a recent visit to the Honda garage to get a wheel arch trim fitted and investigation into a knocking noise from the front i find out that one of the shocks is leaking.

is it a good idea to just change that one shock? or change both front ones?

or my crazy idea get them all replaced? i am wanting to put on the Eibach springs anyway, so thought could be a good idea to start a fresh on all corners.

would going OEM be best? or are there better alternatives? i have read the Bilsteins are good

thanks

I went OEM when my front shocks were leaking. Do both fronts, don't just do the one as it is likely the other will be on its way out too. You're doing most of the work fitting the springs anyway so it won't take you that much longer to do.

Rears seem to last a bit better and generally don't need replacing when the fronts do, but obviously there are exceptions to every rule.

Can't comment on the Bilsteins as I've not experienced them personally on an FN2, but like you say, you read good things.

I replaced my knackered standard shocks on my EP3 with Bilstein B4's which are OEM spec. They've been good so far and have been on just over a year :)

thanks for the responses so far :D

i have been pricing up for the two front shocks and cant believe the savings you can make if you hunt around.

OEM shocks x2 from Honda parts seller = £283.72

Sachs shocks (same part number) x2 from parts website = £155.50

what a difference :eek:

Definitely replace both fronts (i had the same and Honda tried telling me i can just replace one side - ok then!)

Back