• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Throttle Body Questions

You'll be surprised to know that the dc5 manifold actually fits with the UKDM front arb. Just need the engine mount inserts.

I thought I'd bought a front JDM arb but it turned out to be a rear which I already had fitted... So Stevie put the manifold on with UKDM arb and I had no issues at all.

Wow it get's better! I've already fitted the engine mount inserts and the gearbox insert so I could just go about fitting it then super, cheers Hazz :D.

If your sticking with that set up, Like hazz said drop in cams will only offer a little extra for the money.
After your done with that I would save money on DIC's and spend it towards LSD and whilst that's been done look at the rest of the transmission.
Other ways of making the car accelerate than adding bhp.

Yeah DIC will be last on the list, I plan on an LSD was thinking of maybe trying to get a JDM gearbox as I've heard you get better ratio's and an LSD is standard in them, if not I plan on getting a diff (got a new clutch kit to go in just want a LSD before fitting).

Power wise I'll stick to the set up without DIC, I plan on doing gearbox work and suspension too, I'll see what that's like then decide on whether or not it'll be worth going down the cams route.

Nah, you don't need to bother with playing with injectors until you get up around the 270bhp mark. Same with fuel rail, great for bling but pointless at the N/A tuned level.

At 248bhp I still wasn't hitting full duty cycle on the OEM injectors.

What mods were you running for that?

It was an 05 EP3, 90k miles at the time of tuning. K100, fd2 cams, RBC, AEM CAI, Japspeed 4-2-1 & sportex silenced b-pipe. Mapped by TDi north (optimistic rollers).

It was an 05 EP3, 90k miles at the time of tuning. K100, fd2 cams, RBC, AEM CAI, Japspeed 4-2-1 & sportex silenced b-pipe. Mapped by TDi north (optimistic rollers).

Sweet. How was the japspeed 4-2-1 build/quality wise, as some say they are prone to cracking quickly.

Yes you do have to slightly trim the slam panel to fit an RBC, TDI North are saying the M2 one gives better gains and no cutting is required.

Yes you do have to slightly trim the slam panel to fit an RBC, TDI North are saying the M2 one gives better gains and no cutting is required.

Nice I was originally looking at the M2 but then so a lot of talk about the RBC. May well just get the M2 then.

RBC has been tried and tested gives good gains and is an OEM part so is reliable hence why people stick with them, RRC makes more again and will fit an EP3 but you will be trimming off more than you would with the RBC.

M2 seems a good option if your not bothered about staying with OEM parts, TDI North said it does give better gains than the RBC, no trimming is required to fit plus a 70mm throttle body will bolt straight upto it too.

Just to to be sure and may be a stupid question with the DC Sports Manifold would the cat have to be deleted or can it be kept?

If I did go down the decat route would it be overly loud as I used to car as a daily and sometimes leave for work at 3am in the morning. Also if I went for just the K100 with a tune/map with my current mods which are a 2.5" inch cat back and a AEM CAI and may be get a M2 intake mani. What extra gains would it get and would it be worth it with just these two mods.

It’s worth tuning no matter the mods. Much more driveable.

If your cat back has deleted the central silencer then yes, a decat will be too loud for a daily.

Mine made 223bhp on the same rollers with just an unsilenced b-pipe and an AEM CAI. Untuned it made 217bhp with the same mods. The big gains are mid range.

The DC sports header is a 421 so there will be no cat with it.
It will be noisier but depends on your cat back as well, as Hazz said if it is unsilenced it will be loud, if its silenced it will gain noise but may not be to bad, depends what you can live with really.

With your existing mods, adding the header and inlet manifolds, with a map should see around 235-240ish bhp depending on mappers and rolling roads etc.

Hazz / Shoonk thanks for all your advice guys appreciate it.

Think I will leave the decat as my cat back has the mid silencer deleted and starting it up in the mornings on a cold start at 3am it is bad enough already.

Will just get the intake mani and then send the ecu to get the K100 piggyback on the ecu and send in for the tune

No problem, you could go to a tuning company and they will sort the k100 and mapping at the same time save you sending it away etc.

The only two I have found online who offer that are TDI North and Eurospec, are there others?

I know CPL racing do it and I'm sure TDI PLC do it also as well as the ones you mentioned, there is 2 places I know of here in South Wales too, one I would'nt recommend and the other I only recently found out about so not too sure what they are like.

Prior to the tune/remap is there anything particular I need to keep an eye out on with the EP engine/parts wise.

Back