• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 CTR 2019 talk

sorry think we are talking about different things here - the 2019 car gets a volume knob etc and the US get sonic grey

I was talking about the camo cars we saw at the ring etc...

If you look closely to the camo cars at the ring and the mugen type r shown in Detroit , does any one else think these were the mugen cars being tested?

If you look closely to the camo cars at the ring and the mugen type r shown in Detroit , does any one else think these were the mugen cars being tested?

Did cross my mind, Mugen run off batch and also the expensive limited 20 just like the Fn2.
I can't see the camo ones being facelifts

smaller spoilers don't seem very 'mugen'

nah I reckon more to come...or honda canned it, so definitely probs

Well they'd better get a "Special Edition" out by June 2020 when my current PCP ends :lol:

I can't be having a "Regular" GT now can I :lol:

Regards,"Special Edition Snob Mark"

Well, after some very deep digging I have the following info:

Facelift CTR is to be announced in Q3 2019 for the US, and will hit the UK around Q1/Q2 2020. Two separate unrelated sources gave me the same info.

That was too far away for me, so I ordered a new CTR pretty much straight after finding out, and picked it up a couple of weeks ago :p Can't wait till I'm past the 600 mile running in mark.

ah nice one GT3, did you get a CW?

Facelift is nicely lined up for my PCP expiry....I was having adulterous thoughts about the new A45 AMG, but then I remembered I can just afford the Fk8...

The A45 AMG is a pretty boring car to drive.

I mean the new one, they are trying to make it less of a point and squirt machine dynamically. I was at Fast Chav show yesterday at Santa pod...An A45 AMG did a run in 11 secs so that is proper point and squirt. Dominic Toretto wanted a 10 second car though.

ah nice one GT3, did you get a CW?

Facelift is nicely lined up for my PCP expiry....I was having adulterous thoughts about the new A45 AMG, but then I remembered I can just afford the Fk8...
I went for Sonic Grey in the end :)

One thing I can't believe is how rare these cars are. I only recall ever seeing one in person on the road - yes, one! Saw about 10 Golf R's on the journey home alone though :lol:

Nice, I saw one in the flesh at an overcast goodwood and it looked a bit dull, but then when the sun came out really sparkled. I'd seriously consider the colour if I get another.

Yeah, proper rare. Saw one other at santa pod on Sunday in a sea of golf r's, S3's and dam.fiesta.st's....good thing although makes for a fairly quiet forum!!!

pleased to see Honda are looking at new colours etc, but the yellow does nothing for me.

So the white 'softer' type r is back testing. I think the spoiler is different to the camo car last year.

Back