• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 2 NEW type R Models confirmed ! LIGHT WEIGHT & SPORT Line , black seats back too !

I wonder how much the lightweight limited edition will be ?
Only 20 limited edition cars available for the UK and 100 in total for Europe.

Will be a very rare car!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I wonder how much the lightweight limited edition will be ?
Only 20 limited edition cars available for the UK and 100 in total for Europe.

Will be a very rare car!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

it's 47kgs lighter than the standard one.

Well, well, well! I am very pleased to see these two finally announced.

I wonder if you can spec air con back in. I am not in the slightest bit tempted though, even if I could get on the list, just don't like the yellow for some reason, and I don't mind it on other cars.

The sport line sounds pants though....they sure that's the name? I still think it will be too challenging for some on the looks, but fair play to honda for giving it a go...

Surprised to read the wing does nothing after all...the big fibbers!!!!

I can't wait for the reveal on the ring time...surely they have done it already. If we can beat the megane with fewer crazy mods AND back seats, that would be lovely..

Last edited by a moderator:
I reckon the sports line will sell really well. Have to wait and see. I reckon it a safe bet that on uk roads it will be the best of the bunch. Look like it may have 19inch fk2 alloys on it as well which will make it ride lovely with the 2020 revised suspension and PS4s tyres.

Last edited by a moderator:
They both look good, not keen on the "Sport Line" branding, sounds like S-line from Audi! I think Type R and Type R GT as per previous models would be better. Black interior looks good too.

I really think Honda has dropped the ball here by not offering the 20 UK owners a substantial power upgrade. It would have guaranteed the ring title as well. At 50k I think you'd be a mug to buy one. They will be a magnet for all modified fk2s and fk8s for a race. Wonder how Mr more money than sense will feel sitting at the lights in his track focused limited edition when someone like earthdreams outdrags him from the lights with music blaring out and cool air blowing in his face :p it coulda been special. It shoulda been special. But it's just mellow yellow

Don't underestimate them selling quick, these will be purchased and either stored or used for minimal miles,
True Honda diehards will probably be already enquiring and dropping deposits,
Soon as I read it someone's name popped up in my head but I'll keep it to myself for his discretion

Sport Line just doesn't look right with the little wing for me...and i'm someone who found the FK8 just too extreme when they first launched it!! It now looks like an Si with a bit of extra body kit. Not the point of the car for me, i'd have massive wing envy!!

But if my dealer could do me a good swap price on a boost blue with black seats then i could be tempted......:roll:

I read these articles that you can still buy a regular GT pack car like i have now and these are different editions?

Sport Line just doesn't look right with the little wing for me...and i'm someone who found the FK8 just too extreme when they first launched it!! It now looks like an Si with a bit of extra body kit. Not the point of the car for me, i'd have massive wing envy!!

But if my dealer could do me a good swap price on a boost blue with black seats then i could be tempted......:roll:

I read these articles that you can still buy a regular GT pack car like i have now and these are different editions?

Looks like revised 2020 cars being delivered from june
Sport lines possibly a similar time frame
Then the track focused ones in aug.
A lot of talk already at the show that a further performance edition (road car) may follow in 2021 in conjunction with JAS racing.

So 3 confimed new editions in 2020.
Then 2021 maybe a more powerful edition
Plus im sure there will be a 2021 run out edition too.

Lots to look forward too.

I really think Honda has dropped the ball here by not offering the 20 UK owners a substantial power upgrade. It would have guaranteed the ring title as well. At 50k I think you'd be a mug to buy one. They will be a magnet for all modified fk2s and fk8s for a race. Wonder how Mr more money than sense will feel sitting at the lights in his track focused limited edition when someone like earthdreams outdrags him from the lights with music blaring out and cool air blowing in his face :p it coulda been special. It shoulda been special. But it's just mellow yellow

Ha, I agree should have power because on reflection, it's not really that exotic is it. Lighter wheels, bit of black paint here and there, aircon and screen delete (which the megane keeps), less sound proofing and retuned suspension. It's not making many consider selling a kidney for, whereas a bump in power, keep the aircon and a smaller basic screen, it should still be quick and I'd be looking how much I'd get for the missus in the people trafficking game (if I liked yellow)

He's not or you're not :lol:
I had 2 names you were the other but I assumed not as you have already just purchased

He’s not

I’m not either. I understand there will be something more hard core in 2021 as a send off.

2020 Honda Civic Type R Limited Edition and Sport Line Revealed: Fastest Ever Type R

[video=youtube;10SlS3CInOk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10SlS3CInOk[/video]

Back