• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Loxy's Type R #6

I've driven on them a bit now. Grip is typically winters but the steering feel with the lighter alloys and ride with the extra tyre depth is a revelation.

Not a bad buy at all these so far!

Finally got round to giving the old girl a clean.

20de8fc82e3f0b883f401cfe358a658b.jpg

4c996e56aad6e4c22653fd77b82f1674.jpg

ec6f11240dd755797791b8940c5c8feb.jpg

Had an issue with my washer jets just being very poor, pretty much since the cold weather had started. Scuttle off and a blow down the jet pipe once disconnected near the driver side wiper and it is back to full flow. Easy.

Also replaced the HKS RSK element which was well over due.

2ac14fa14e4013a32ecf1f716ec02b08.jpg

2f591d959d6012e959f073da3373c6d1.jpg

MOT booked for the end of the month, and the rear beam bushes are going so that will be the next job, getting Stevie at Grinspeed to Polybush the rear beam... Joy.

MOT booked for the end of the month, and the rear beam bushes are going so that will be the next job, getting Stevie at Grinspeed to Polybush the rear beam... Joy.

How much is that costing?
Might want mine done - is that a while you wait job?

How much is that costing?
Might want mine done - is that a while you wait job?
Just the rears? He said it can be a pig as they have to be drilled out. It can take 3-4 hours plus the bushes which are £145ish Linky

I'm having it done while I wait, aye.

Just the rears? He said it can be a pig as they have to be drilled out. It can take 3-4 hours plus the bushes which are £145ish Linky

I'm having it done while I wait, aye.

the price of them is a joke but im sure it will make it alot better i am looking at cheapers poly bushes

Are you sure you want to polybush a road car?
Who me?

Sorry, realised the lack of explanation on my part, as it is either that or buy a new rear beam for £870. You can't buy the OEM bushes in their own, they come with the beam.

Lings link

My first FN2 was fully polybushed including engine mounts. I hope I know what to expect and this is only the rear, which will probably then show up the tired rear shocks I didn't stretch to last service but hey ho...

Never updated. Passed MOT with no advisories.

Rear beam polybushes are on. You can tell the old ones were knackered as the rear is a lot tighter now. I had thought the rear shocks, which are still the originals, were getting tired but it must have been the bushes moving. Slight bit of increased noise over some bumps but nothing to write home about.

Excellent work by Grinspeed on the car as per usual.

I do think I've found another job for summer. My boot floor was/is getting damp and I couldn't figure out how, but it has now become obvious. The spoiler is filling with water. My drive is on a slope, so it must be ideal for the water to run down the back window and instead of running off at the sides, seeps into the spoiler. When I open the boot lid you get a sloshing and an extraordinary amount of water runs off into the gulley channels from the spoiler. Water is getting from the spoiler into the bootlid and dripping into the boot.

I'm obviously going to have to sort this out, but I've never had a spoiler off an FN2 before. I'm guessing one of the previous owners has and cocked up sealing it back up. I've no idea if there is a Honda gasket on it that I can replace (Lings seems to suggest not) or whether it's just a case of taking it off and plastering it with clear sealant.

Solution suggestions welcome!

Ive got the same issue with a soaking wet boot but mine seems to be coming in from the left hand side only as I can see where its coming in when I take the jack cover off .

Not checked the spoiler yet , I cant see anything obvious apart from the roof rail moulding has become unclipped at the back but I cant imagine that's the culprit.

How much did it cost to do them in the end?

Mine were that shot they came out pretty easy. These are the ones that need drilling out. I think he charged two hours on them, but then the geo was out when it went back together and needed redoing. :lol:

Ive got the same issue with a soaking wet boot but mine seems to be coming in from the left hand side only as I can see where its coming in when I take the jack cover off .

Not checked the spoiler yet , I cant see anything obvious apart from the roof rail moulding has become unclipped at the back but I cant imagine that's the culprit.

I might have more than one leak yet. If your gutter channels are blocked or the seal at the bottom is perished, those are the normal culprits but mine looks OK.

Back