• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 General FK8 (10th Gen) CTR Release chat

I am so surprised that Honda have done this. While I appreciate die hard type r fans will say its too comfy with too many creature comforts as it is, I really thought no nonsense added was still their ethos on the type r as much as possible, hence no pops and bangs exhaust as an example...but then they go and fit this..!

It's been done due to the new particulate filter muting the exhaust.

I wonder if that's an emissions thing for the VAG group, as for example the M140i kept the same power but many believe the map was tweaked a little to keep the numbers.

It's been done due to the new particulate filter muting the exhaust.

That’s likely to mean engine lights on when exhaust is changed.

Interested to see the steering wheel. I will enquire about pricing at my next service in a couple of weeks for new grill, brake rotors and steering wheel. They are nice upgrades.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That’s likely to mean engine lights on when exhaust is changed.

Interested to see the steering wheel. I will enquire about pricing at my next service in a couple of weeks for new grill, brake rotors and steering wheel. They are nice upgrades.

That's true. I was thinking a straight swap for the remus...so phil would have to plus his amiga in..!

Alcantara wheel will get manky quick, but agree, nice..

I am so surprised that Honda have done this. While I appreciate die hard type r fans will say its too comfy with too many creature comforts as it is, I really thought no nonsense added was still their ethos on the type r as much as possible, hence no pops and bangs exhaust as an example...but then they go and fit this..!

yeah, so great the audio system plays the Crazy frog sound when you're in +R mode :) think I'll stick to lowering the rear seats to improve the exhaust sound inside the cabin.

Addresses my two biggest grumbles, cooling and brakes, the latter no one seemed to agree with me, so pleasing to hear that the standard set up has been improved as I for one didnt think they were good enough. Not enough to make most change I would have thought though.

Hoping the grill is a straight fit on current car. Mostly for the cooling but it also looks better imo.

How much do we reckon Honda will want for the 2 piece discs? Aftermarket ones are around £800 ish

I’m not so sure. The current disks are £300 odd. If they start making the components too expensive the cost of ownership makes the car too expensive for the average owner.

Am really liking this new colour choice :D

image.jpg

I like it, subject to seeing it in the flesh. I'm not sure the red GT trim and seats works with that colour though.

Commonly referred to as superman colours on BMW forums...

:D:D
Right, ive been waiting for this day! ................Looking forward to copious amounts of thoughts on whether to order a new one or not based on the hours of forum reading to come...

Likewise been anticipating this factory announcement. What seemed potential changes, are now certain.
Definitely am very pleased with the way they tidied up those huge fake louvers front n back. Short shifter and a radio volume knob are the bonuses. Very glad I decided to wait.
However, assuming there were no updates at all, I still would be getting a 2020 - being the last out of Swindon.
Not crazy about the Alcantara on steering.

The order is in! With my selling dealership being #1 in sales for Canada, they'll get one of the first arrivals. Mine will be on that first SHIPMENT. Expect they will call me to spec the car sometime in March and figure a June delivery.

You fellows in UK should be seeing them way earlier. Eagerly await reading those first actual driving impressions from this forum community!!!

In the meantime, will enjoy driving the new elephant addition to this household purchased last week.
A 2010 Bentley Continental Flying Spur Speed. Came from one of my boss's golfing buddies (first and only owner) who I offered a bit more than he was getting in on trade. Must have driven only to play golf cause it has only 13,000kms (8k miles). Everything was spotless except for curb rash on one wheel. Brakes are good but tires will need changing later this year.

Now parked in underground garage with the other two gas guzzlers!!! Would love to share pics but am such an old fart, still can't figure out this URL uploading stuff!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Some close up photo’s have been posted on the FK8 Facebook group

Not a fan of new front or rear black plastic parts at all. But like everything else.

I wonder if they have made the gear gaiter alcontara as well.

f5ce9db046bb4b87b279f321eae56caa.jpg
03530035bcc9dfdb4e30e15a9ca491c1.jpg
7520e6bdfbc9ae9f9a8f15ff5d1caa32.jpg
6984283770fe96c4ad52e544a8f47887.jpg
bbabc6d2a53239e8e0d47a9b2a8e4af8.jpg
c794bbf11f86a48fc96c9aca68944f18.jpg
4119ed4b952aba0f81b5dd97e7af5ceb.jpg
b2245b0340052faf82718b51f9b21f86.jpg

Also noticed the Jap shape number plate holder on the front.

Not sure if it's metallic or not TBH :smt102

Just know I like it :lol:

The Alcantara steering wheel might be for the US market...it'll soak up the grease from their burger filled mitts :whistle

Back