• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 Anyone tuned their FK8?

I personally dont see the attraction in chipping these cars, particularly if Honda wont stand over them. From what I've heard from others, Honda dont even want to stand over things they are responsible for let alone this messing. If there is an issue you can be sure that you will be responsible for the repair costs. Is 300+ bhp from a fwd car not enough?

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

I personally dont see the attraction in chipping these cars, particularly if Honda wont stand over them. From what I've heard from others, Honda dont even want to stand over things they are responsible for let alone this messing. If there is an issue you can be sure that you will be responsible for the repair costs. Is 300+ bhp from a fwd car not enough?

Don't get me wrong, the car is quick, does sometimes struggle to get the power down as it is, BUT I have always felt the car lacks mid range punch, so the extra torque is what attracts me.

I am coming to the end of my pcp in sept so warranty won't bother me then, just probing Sam at north wales Honda see what's what now. I know what's happening, he or they won't dare go on record in writing so are being very vague...

It's more than likely just a kick-back scheme, where the dealership get a back-handed payment for each successful referral.

And with everyone being so stumph regarding warranty, I'd also be inclined to expect that neither party would cover anything should something arise - either both blaming each other or HUK just outright refusing anyway.

I am getting nowhere with North Wales Honda regarding the warranty terms which is telling in itself

As I and others have said, you're not going to get a warranty with a map, so stop wasting time and getting your hopes up over a dead end.

It is, I don't think if anything I get more from my exhaust, only time I ever felt lacking power was up against a 720s the other week :lol:

Off the mark I don't even bother trying, in the wet even less so, rarely use full beans in 2nd unless completely dry then you still lose traction. It has plenty of power for the road, on track it struggles from heat so more power is not going to help, I'd invest in better brakes, open up the grille and vents in the bonnet then putting the car on a diet, then after all that I may look at power.
If I was keeping mine I'd look at these areas in more detail, weight saving would be expensive and difficult, can't see much benefit in light bonnet it is already light but getting one with better ventilation might be the cheap option and you may save a kilo, lighter brakes, lighter wheels would all be good.

Happy Friday All

Car's in for its 3rd service today, slightly earlier than May in previous years, oil must be fooked..

Anyway, in other news here is the response from North Wales Honda on the Warranty question:

"If there are any issues with the vehicle that are not affected by the superchips program are covered by Honda warrant and anything effected by superchips is covered by them. But only if the vehicle is used in correct manner."

So as has been said, I am sure Honda will reject most due to ECU remap and then 'anything effected by superchips' is so broad and could be counter argued, so it means nothing...

And good luck on the correct manner definition..!

What a lame response, its not even a proper sentence. It would be hard to write something more vague and less reassuring. Clowns.

Does anyone really expect their warranty to be unaffected by engine mods that costs less than £500?

AC Schnitzer have a warranty with their BMW engine mods, but their charges are eye watering (as in modest M2 upgrade costs £4k).

I don't think cost has anything to do with it tbh, any mod has the potential to effect warranty

Although I did put the remus on its quietest setting, hoping they wouldn't notice...and took the bluethooth fob with me. Maybe the remus sticker in the rear window was a bad idea though...:lol:

Happy Friday All

Cars in for its 3rd service today, slightly earlier than May in previous years, oil must be fooked..

Anyway, in other news here is the response from North Wales Honda on the Warranty question:

"If there are any issues with the vehicle that are not affected by the superchips program are covered by Honda warrant and anything effected by superchips is covered by them. But only if the vehicle is used in correct manner."

So as has been said, I am sure Honda will reject most due to ECU remap and then 'anything effected by superchips' is so broad and could be counter argued, so it means nothing...

And good luck on the correct manner definition..!

yep, and remember if Honda wanted to get really into it, they will ask the dealer to pull a full-data download from all of the car (11, yes eleven) computers that control various elements. This is what Honda UK insisted upon before agreeing to cough up on the parts + labour cost to rebuild my original FK8's gearbox.

VTEC matt calls it right, add power when you know the car and driver can easily handle it. i.e. I'd be better off spending a few hundred on driver training and then getting into the mods later when the warranty and 5 year service pack is less of a concern and run its course.

Last edited by a moderator:
What a lame response, its not even a proper sentence. It would be hard to write something more vague and less reassuring. Clowns.

Try having a conversation with Honda UK, you come away from that feeling confused, angry, non the wiser and left out to dry

Back