• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 Someone will get a bargain this week...

I sold my car to WBAC at the weekend.

It was a decent price, but no extra value was given for the fact it has a 5yr warranty and 5yr service plan, nor was any extra value given for the £2500 of PPF and ceramic protection installed from new.

This isn't a complaint about WBAC - the price was comparable to other quotes I received and their staff were courteous and efficient throughout.

No, this is a heads-up that there is an immaculate black Type R currently sitting at British Car Auctions site in Edinburgh. It needs nothing done to it, was serviced at the end of August and - as noted above - has perfect paintwork underneath that PPF. Front tyres were replaced in August and rears have plenty of tread (I have a complete set of FK2 type R winter wheels and tyres I used during the winter, which I recommend to anyone who will listen!)

I've already sold the car, so whether it sells or not at auction is no skin off my nose. But it seems a waste for it to go to a dealer who will charge the next owner extra for these extras when they discover what they've bought. If you know anyone in the market for a used type R, they will thank you for pointing them in the direction of Edinburgh (Ingliston auction site is adjacent to Edinburgh Airport if anyone is travelling from further afield).

Brief description:
First reg March 2018. Reg no. SR18MHN
I owned from new. PPF installed prior to my collection by Spotless Detailing in Perth (check their website - amazing work)
19k miles (90% motorway and dual carriageway daily commute)
Never tracked
No accident damage
Car has been fantastic - I only sold it to fund new car purchase

Happy shopping.
N.

Edited to add:
Will be included in the UKCGR premium auction on 3rd October at Edinburgh.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey N,

I'm surprised to hear you've sold it on via WBAC, understand that for some folk they CBA with the whole private ad malarkey and I suspect Honda didn't come up with a good trade in, unless of course you were planning on buying a CRV or maybe one of those new FK8 Nurburgring Edition that Fan has a deposit down on. :lol:

I got the expected nasty shock when I did a WBAC quote for the original honda, like 22.6k IIRC on a 11 month car with 10k miles on it. and again no respect to the 5 year service plan and PPF / Ceramic coating. admittedly I was only keen to see what the WBAC value was as I knew Honda were taking the car back anyway.

I wonder if WBAC put the car through the auction with a reserve at the price they paid you for it?

Yep. I fall into the CBA group - provided it’s a sensible enough price.
Price was similar to Honda garage and, I’m pleased to say, I got more than you were offered despite age difference on the cars - sheesh your WBAC quote was scary!

Anyway, I wish the new owner of chassis 12513 all the best. It has served me well over the past 18 months.

N.

Haha. It is indeed a Tesla Model 3. Full fat, none of that eco-warrior nonsense.

(Is it possible to be dead to you twice in one day?)
:)

:lol: all the best with the model 3. Was an absolute weapon when Harris tested it against the M3 and looks the best of both worlds...When people tell you it looks like a ten year old Vauxhall Insignia that's been to the gym a little bit, pay no attention

Good advice.
But we all know that owning the latest Type R helps develop a tough skin / selective deafness so it won’t be a problem.
In any event, by the time they’ve got as far as “it looks like a ten”, I’ll already be doing 60mph and laughing at the poor Dino-juice driver comparing my car to Bo Derek.
:p

Back