• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Upgrades / Mods I am wanting to do... advice if its a good idea or not?

Hey guys,

I am looking to do some more mods to my Civic Type EP3 2005 Plate soon and I been thinking of the following:

1 - ENERGY-SUSPENSION Master Bushing Set - EP3
2 - Spoon Lower Tie Bar - Rear
3 - Spoon Upper Strut Bar - Front
4 - Spoon Lower Tie Bar - Front

What I am wanting to know if you think I am going for the best items for the price I am looking to pay and if the mod itself is worth while and if anyone that has had them or done something near to it what the difference was like.

Thanks again guys and look forward to the feedback!

JubeTigeruk

Estimate on cost to do the above, but for your money I would say coilovers are a better mod.

Having said that whats the reason for the mods? Are you planning on tracking the car?

For handling i'd go for
Eibach/Tein springs
Camber bolts
Camber arms
Fast Road Set Up
Rear JDM ARB
Front Strut brace

For handling i'd go for
Eibach/Tein springs
Camber bolts
Camber arms
Fast Road Set Up
Rear JDM ARB
Front Strut brace
This.

Coilovers are overkill on a road car, and expensive for decent ones in comparison to lowering springs.

Yeah I was going to say its an every day car for me and wanting to stiffen it up a bit. So would you say the Skunk2 Springs I said were good / the ones to go for for the price I wana pay?

hahah I just noticed I didn't list them!

Skunk2 Lowering Springs - EP

:p

Also the Master Bushing Kit? (My friend is willing to fit everything for free as I do his computers for him all the time for free so the labour side of it isn't the problem just wanting to know if its worth me spending the money!)

For handling i'd go for
Eibach/Tein springs
Camber bolts
Camber arms
Fast Road Set Up
Rear JDM ARB
Front Strut brace

I had this on my EP3 bar the JDM ARB. Felt better than my DC5 on coilovers.

England's not a very coilover friendly place.

This is just my opinion but i think you've got about it the wrong way around. All your suggested mods are fine when you've done the recommended stuff first. I.e. springs, camber, ARB etc. Only then should you go for all the fancy tie bars. I've got the springs and camber only and will probably only get the ARB and that's it. I don't think I'll benefit much from the others as it's bloody awesome as it is.

Getting a bit confused now... haha

Skunk 2 Lowering Springs? Yes/NO?
Master Bushing Kit?

They are the first 2 I was wanting to know about really to start with...

Any reason as to why out of interest?

They have a reputation to be very good with minimal compromise from lowering springs.

I have the Eibach ABP spec, which is 30mm all round. the Sportlines are about 25mm for the Type R (they state 35mm officially but this is for none Type R models) and they have the Pro Kit at about 20f and 15r.

All priced at about £150. The Spoons are £200 I believe and most similar to Eibach's Pro Kit setup.

They have a reputation to be very good with minimal compromise from lowering springs.

I have the Eibach ABP spec, which is 30mm all round. the Sportlines are about 25mm for the Type R (they state 35mm officially but this is for none Type R models) and they have the Pro Kit at about 20f and 15r.

All priced at about £150. The Spoons are £200 I believe and most similar to Eibach's Pro Kit setup.

Fair enough, well I have been looking at the Eibach ones and their cheaper then the Skunk2 Springs @ £189 anyway from what I can see.

Sportline Lowering Spring by Eibach look like the ones id go for maybe? I don't know haha

I would go for the SuperPro bush kit and make sure you get the one with the front control arm castor increase bushes, these make a huge difference.

Don't bother with any strut braces/tie bars these are just bling and don't actually do anything.

Spend the money on a proper geometry setup, somewhere like Centre of Gravity or areamotorsport who have very accurate kit that will actually make your car handle better.

Get the best tyres you can afford as well, people always overlook this and it's the most important part of the car, if you've got sh1t tyres on then nothing you do will make it handle better.

Lighter wheels & brakes will reduce unsprung mass and make a huge difference to how nimble the car will feel, a set of roll centre adjusters will make the turn in super sharp if you want to go that far.

Plenty of stuff that will aid better handling but there's also lot's of crap available that doesn't actually do anything so chose wisely!:)

I would go for the SuperPro bush kit and make sure you get the one with the front control arm castor increase bushes, these make a huge difference.

Don't bother with any strut braces/tie bars these are just bling and don't actually do anything.

Spend the money on a proper geometry setup, somewhere like Centre of Gravity or areamotorsport who have very accurate kit that will actually make your car handle better.

Get the best tyres you can afford as well, people always overlook this and it's the most important part of the car, if you've got sh1t tyres on then nothing you do will make it handle better.

Lighter wheels & brakes will reduce unsprung mass and make a huge difference to how nimble the car will feel, a set of roll centre adjusters will make the turn in super sharp if you want to go that far.

Plenty of stuff that will aid better handling but there's also lot's of crap available that doesn't actually do anything so chose wisely!:)

Spot on advice J 8)

Back