• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

What pads are you lot running on your ep3?

Looking at putting some new pads on my ep3. My discs are practically new, was thinking about some updated pads soon, is there an uprated pad that people are using a lot?

I hear a lot about stop tech, any other options I need to consider?

Last edited by a moderator:
As above go for Ferodo DS2500s or Cosworth Streetmasters.

The Stoptech pads aren't as good for the money in my opinion.

Do you buy £60 tyres? They're also adequate for road use, but mst of us choose to spend £100+ per corner as we get more grip. The same logic can be applied.

No I buy at least Oem spec! Ie Bridgestone! So we apply same logic, brakes pads for 45 quid is sufficient? As this is what Oem brake pads cost?

Just saying...

No I buy at least Oem spec! Ie Bridgestone! So we apply same logic, brakes pads for 45 quid is sufficient? As this is what Oem brake pads cost?

Just saying...

Depends on your use. Honda OEM pads are fine for most, if you want more bite then get alternate pads.

And the OP asked about uprated pads which we use, I answered the question asked by the OP.

Uprated means better then OEM

And the OP asked about uprated pads which we use, I answered the question asked by the OP.

Uprated means better then OEM

That's how I took it.

The Stoptech pads can't hold a candle to DS2500s or Streetmasters for out and out performance as they are nigh on OEM spec.

If the OP wants OEM spec pads and doesn't want an improvement in performance then Stoptech, Mintex, EBC Red Stuff all day long. If they want something better it's going to cost and the Ferodos and Cosworths are the ones to get.

Totally appreciate that DS2500 is the best in class.. However I have heard from various "people" including ABP Motorsport that the Stoptech pads are good bang for buck upgrade over OEM. ie just £4 more than OEM.

Up to the OP to make his mind up anyway, depends how hard he uses his brake on roads and if he tracks the car!

OEMs are fine for most street use. I went from OEM to Redstuffs (which I liked, good bite but mainly because they kept the wheels nice and clean for much much longer and they're good for street use). Now I'm running the DS2500s, which are awesome even from cold, which surprised me a bit given what I've read. To be honest I was looking for the Mintex 1144 pads but nowhere seemed to stock them at the time. With my 1st track day coming up I'm eager to see how these DS2500 pads feel and last on track.

That's how I took it.

The Stoptech pads can't hold a candle to DS2500s or Streetmasters for out and out performance as they are nigh on OEM spec.

If the OP wants OEM spec pads and doesn't want an improvement in performance then Stoptech, Mintex, EBC Red Stuff all day long. If they want something better it's going to cost and the Ferodos and Cosworths are the ones to get.

Fair enough, okay interesting, maybe I should spend that bit extra and get DS2500 then..... differing opinions i see on this!

Looks like the DS2500s should be top of my list then

I had them on my fiesta ST and was very impressed, a repeat buy would certainly not be out of the question.
Just wanted to ask here incase I had overlooked anything

A friend of mine has been discussing carbotech with me. Anyone had experience with these? He ran them on an EVO X

A friend of mine has been discussing carbotech with me. Anyone had experience with these? He ran them on an EVO X
There may be nothing wrong but equally Ferodo 2500's are well proven on EP3's so why not go with them?

Back