• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

242bhp now want more! Advice please

I have a 2005 ep3 with tegiwa m, Rbc, exhaust manifold (Japspeed copy) piper 2.5" cat back, and kpro tuned by Tdi north to 242bhp and 170lb

Just want to try and eek out some more power I was hoping it might make abit more any way but I think the exhaust manifold might have let me down
Thinking about a Japspeed 70mm TB and maybe some dc5 cams

Just wondered people's opinions on the best bhp per £ for the next mods

Want to stay NA for now

Thanks

You won't get much more power as an NA engine without new cams IMO. You could also SC or turbo the engine which woud give you 300+bhp and massive amounts of torque.

Depending what you're wanting from the car really, if you want a fun weekend car round lanes etc, then maybe get a LSD. It won't give extra power but will give you much more grip in corners.

Thanks, has any one had much experience with 70mm or Oem gas flowed/ported throttle bodies

I have a 65mm Tracy sports throttle body, makes it more twitchy on the throttle and think I lost a bit of torque with it but gained a little more bhp

If you want more power, the cheapest thing to do is to buy a car with more power out of the box, like an Evo or a Scooby. Otherwise you'll end up spending thousands of pounds trying to get up near 300bhp, when you could have saved a bit of cash and bought a rally slag.

Enjoy your Type R for what it is rather than trying to chase figures. If it's not enough for you, buy something else.

Just sold my 330bhp scooby sti and bought this, I just like playing around with engines thats why I like these k20's, I see what your saying though

Have you done much in the way of weight saving?

I noticed a difference when fitting lighter wheels. OEM seats can be swapped for lighter buckets if you don't mind using them.

If you want more power, the cheapest thing to do is to buy a car with more power out of the box, like an Evo or a Scooby. Otherwise you'll end up spending thousands of pounds trying to get up near 300bhp, when you could have saved a bit of cash and bought a rally slag.

Enjoy your Type R for what it is rather than trying to chase figures. If it's not enough for you, buy something else.

THIS^^

Sense is what it is!

Up until now iv only stripped the boot out, but Iv been think about a lightweight battery odyssey ones seem to save about 7kg I went this way on my last car with some team dynamics wheels and it did seem to make a difference

Just sold my 330bhp scooby sti and bought this, I just like playing around with engines thats why I like these k20's, I see what your saying though

The problem is, as I'm sure you're are rapidly becoming aware is that it just costs too much to tune these cars ATM. You're very limited on companies that produce quality products outside of Japan and subsequently anything that you will want to buy comes with a hefty price tag. Even second hand.

Back