• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 - Balljoints

Hi All,

Apologies if this has been covered, I've tried the search function but no luck. I'm looking at re-freshing the front end of the EP3, I want to do it all at once to get it done, has anyone had experience with the Jap Service spares ball joints? Link:

http://japserviceparts.co.uk/produc...r-ep3-integra-dc5-k20a2-k20a-oe.html?___SID=U

They are advertised as OE quality, so hoping they are good quality and won't need replacing a year or so down the line again...

Any info is appreciated, thanks in advance,

If you're lowered, or planning to go lower, I'd highly recommend the Buddy Club RCA ball joints.
Can't comment on any other ball joints.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks as always Lewis, even if I'm on ABP Eibach springs?

EP3 Ball joints

these are buddy clubs

They put the wishbone back where it should, i.e. before lowering and restoring the roll centre.

Hi All,

Apologies if this has been covered, I've tried the search function but no luck. I'm looking at re-freshing the front end of the EP3, I want to do it all at once to get it done, has anyone had experience with the Jap Service spares ball joints? Link:

http://japserviceparts.co.uk/produc...r-ep3-integra-dc5-k20a2-k20a-oe.html?___SID=U

They are advertised as OE quality, so hoping they are good quality and won't need replacing a year or so down the line again...

Any info is appreciated, thanks in advance,

I've used Jap Service Parts a few times now and had no problems with their service, I'm on standard suspension and wanted to freshen a few things up so I got them ball joints they have been on for around a year now and I've had no issues. I would have gone Genuine Honda as I do most of the time but iirc they wouldn't sell this separate you had to buy the complete lower arm and knuckle. I think they wanted around £180 for one, so I decided to go for these both sides £20 as I said no issues so far on mine.

I got mine from Jap Service Parts and have had them on since March '16, no problems so far. I can't remember if they were advertised as unbranded or not but they were exactly the same price, the ones I received were GMB branded.

IIRC I asked them about the branding and they told me that quality is the same as OEM and that those are made in the same factory as the OEM ones pretty much same product different box. Not 100% sure on that though.

Nevertheless been fine on mine.

IIRC I asked them about the branding and they told me that quality is the same as OEM and that those are made in the same factory as the OEM ones pretty much same product different box. Not 100% sure on that though.

Nevertheless been fine on mine.

Thanks for the advice guys! Shoonk, i think you are correct, this is something I've heard by searching online now also. Good to know.

From my mechanic:

BC roll centre adjusters are ok, the ball joint quality is not as good as OEM and the boots are prone to splitting. They can help to improve roll stiffness in cars that are running quite low.

Thanks Chris, i'm on ABP Eibach lowering springs so not sure if i need the uprated ones?

I would go with Chris, I would say you don't really need them, if your racing about on tracks regular and have coilovers etc to run on track then they may be worth look.

But for a road used car I would say just freshen up with OEM.

I would go with Chris, I would say you don't really need them, if your racing about on tracks regular and have coilovers etc to run on track then they may be worth look.

But for a road used car I would say just freshen up with OEM.

I'm on B16's and they are low ish. Rich at Performance Autoworks told me they'd be a waste of money and time in my cars current state. I fear they have become a 'forum favourite' where everyone gets them because everyone else that isn't OEM has them.

Ah right, I can see the theory behind them and why some serious track cars would have them but otherwise I would say leave them.

I agree with that Chris, it only takes a few to say they are the thing to get and everyone jumps on the bandwagon so to speak. I'm sure people have their reasons, you can't go wrong with freshening old worn parts with OEM, you won't always need 'upgraded' or 'branded' parts.

Quite, there are a shocking number of parts that people replace with aftermarket because they believe the OEM part to be inferior when more often than not that isn't the case.

I did fit the tegiwa ones and they did make a difference, steering returning to centre after turning a corner being the main one.

I've fitted them (Buddy Club) with the the Tegiwa steering rack raiser - car lowered 30 mm, had the fast road set up and the steering is back to where it was before I lowered it , also remember it has the preface single phase electric set-up, which a lot of early owners complained about.

Quite, there are a shocking number of parts that people replace with aftermarket because they believe the OEM part to be inferior when more often than not that isn't the case.

It's the 'track car' look for Instagram likes but the car has never seen the track...

I've got a suspicion Area have cross referenced a part no. and found an OEM balljoint that fits, Certainly looks like one to me:

http://areamotorsport.co.uk/area-shop/replacement-oem-front-ball-joint-ep3-civic-type-r/

Might be worth sending an email to check because I could be well off, I know DC5 owners have been cross ref. part nos. and have found a solution from a mid-90's accord.

Otherwise if your looking at a non-oem solution Meyle or Blueprint would be my choices.

Back