• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Civic Type R EP3 TURBO/SUPERCHARGER?

Hi,

So I just have a quick question to ask.. is a Civic EP3 with a turbo or supercharger a reliable car to use as a daily driver? I have a GTI Edition 30 stage 2 currently and was looking to go to a EP3 Type R but they have no torque therefore if I try to find one with a turbo or supercharger installed, would it be reliable for every day travelling? My GTI edition 30 never breaks down on me even though its stage 2. Something tells me the EP3 would struggle to manage that?

Thank You.

I don't see why a turbo'd K20 wouldn't be reliable. Would all depend on the parts used and level of boost used tbh.

The K20 engine is one of the strongest most reliable 2L engines made to date.

Personally I find the EP3 not boosted and tuned well in both engine and chassis a much better/fun car and in the right hands just as quick as something boosted.
Some boosted set ups I’ve seen look to be reliable but have to be done right and aren’t cheap to achieve. Others I’ve seen tear apart clutches and transmissions, melt bulkheads and burn the car into ashes etc.
I’d stick with the Golf in your situation....

I had both on my Civic, completely stock engine, no issues at all, even when I was pushing 14psi through the turbo. The K20's are bulletproof.

Cos your average ep3 owner is a Chav!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Doubt the average EP3 owner, that's also a chav, can afford a turbo EP3, BBK and all the supporting mods this one has. But yes, to some extent it is a chavvy thing to do.

That said, in this video I think it's due to struggles for traction? Not sure.

Edit: Just saw the no torque argument.

I don't even understand why this gets thrown around like that. No torque compared to what? A turbo engine? Of course, most 2L and below NA engines don't have as much torque as a boosted counterpart, that's common sense. But what they do have is revs, it's not difficult to downshift is it?

Last edited by a moderator:
Do chavs still exist? I thought all the kids wore skinny jeans and generally look gay AF these days. I can't remember the last time I saw a stanced out Burberry baseball cap and matching Lacoste tracksuit.

Do chavs still exist? I thought all the kids wore skinny jeans and generally look gay AF these days. I can't remember the last time I saw a stanced out Burberry baseball cap and matching Lacoste tracksuit.

Nah they are not gay mate, but perhaps one of the other approved 68+ genders society seems to recognise these days.

Maybe they are alligators.

Oh chavs exist alright, take a visit to Hull

You mean the capital of culture, the jewel in the Yorkshire Riviera crown?

.... No thanks :lol:

If you want something you can "street race" muppets with, an EP3 is the wrong car. It's not that quick in a straight line.

Which EP3 owner is going to bite first. I'm tempted!

Of course compared to many new cars it's low on power and speed etc but really for its age its still a great car. I think you are being a bit harsh.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

Back