• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

What to do?

Sam (the wife) has rang ABP today and asked them for another quote on my next service which is due.

It will be £347 for a big service but that is for a 6 year old car, ABP did say that i could have a little service to reflect my miles - £150 as my car has done 46,000 miles.

So do i go for miles or years? The car is a DC5 by the way.

go for the £150, anything else would be found when mot time :D

Or when it falls off and you find yourself upside down in a ditch, full of water....on fire...

Every 2 years is a biggy, get your hands in your pockets!

yes but an mot test checks everything every year my work only charges £75 plus parts for a full service, £347 for under 2hours work ?

Down hole, in the fog, in the middle of the night! WITH AN OWL!!!

owl_orly.png

Make sure they've got you down for the right service. Honda tried to put me on a 8,500 mile service like the S2000 because it was an "import". You big service should be at 7 years, spark plugs etc, so this should really be a minor one.

look in your service book and it will tell you what needs doing at what year/miles. i carry out most of the work myself as most of it is checking fluids and changeing filters spark plugs ect witch is all simple stuff and buy the parts yourself. for the oil change i take it to a garage to change the oil NOT service plus its the worst job to do, supply the oil and filter and just pay for the labour, most of the time if you sling em the service book and a couple of beers you;ll get it stamped. then you'll know exactly how much materials realy cost and you end up with a good job cos you done it yourself.

why pay a man to do a job when you can do it yourself.

lefty loosey, righty tighty thats all there is to it. £347..... yeah right.

Back