• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Recent content by 1981robbo

1. 1

Type R whining noise in idle

did you change the fork I've read somewhere that the clutchfork could bend or warp maybe interfering with the bearing. Its annoying that there isn't a defonate answer. Have you had yours to a main dealer to see what the noise is?
  2. 1

54 plate clutch noise maybe?

thankyou for your response, and I apologise as im new to this forum ill try and keep things to the correct section. I had factored in changing the clutch at 70k anyway and your thoughts together with what I already know have probably confirmed its the release bearing/fork. the car changes...
  3. 1

Type R whining noise in idle

I think this may be the same noise im experiencing. A low pitched oscillating noise that seems to come from the front most left corner of the airbox area. I've done loads of research on this noise that goes away when you take up the free play on the clutch pedal. I think its either the clutch...
  4. 1

Wow, not even a 'welcome to the forum' :(
  5. 1

Just to add the speed of the noise doesn't seem to increase or decrease with engine speed
  6. 1

Hello this is my first post since buying my ep3 2 months ago. I bought a 54 plate facelift nighthawk pearl ctr and on the whole I love this car. I searched high and low for a reasonably priced , standard car and I eventually found one after many test drives in various piles of junk. I...
Back