• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Recent content by 19barber94

1. 1

Gearbox issues

Thank you for all the replies, much appreciated. I didn't find any receipts for a new clutch from previous owners, but my mate who's a mechanic reckons he would put money on that it isn't on its original clutch. Any who the box is being taken out soon anyway because I want an LSD, whilst its...
  2. 1

Gearbox issues

Hi there, I have a 2002 ep3 with 106000 miles on the clock. I have a problem mainly with second gear. When cold the box seems fine and selects each gear without any problems. Once warmed up at low rpms it seems to change fine, however in high rpm changing from 1st to 2nd gear is very tough to...
  3. 1

Whirring noise/ induction problem

Yeah I do worry a bit when it comes to the car :) thanks for your response though mate appreciate it :)
  4. 1

Thanks for your response :) I'll get my mechanic to check heat shield and what not when it goes in for new engine mounts ( 3 are needed) maybe it has something to do with them as the engine isn't as stable as it should be ? But I don't know
  5. 1

Yes the noise stops when the clutch is pressed in. Reckon its better to get it fixed sooner rather than later if its only going to get loader ?
  6. 1

Hello everyone i've picked up a few problems with my 2002 EP3 and wondering if anyone could help diagnose the problem. When the engine is on i hear a whirring / scraping sound, however when i push the clutch pedal in this noise seems to stop, even though every gear slots on well and it changes...
Back